Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,637 Posts
That makes me wonder, my build sheet shows, "R6M - NEW JERSEY COST SURCHARGE". Maybe that's why there are only 2?

There are 2 2006 SSR SPORT TRUCK vehicles (0.036%) matching your exact options list.
There are 2 (0.036%) with at least as many options.
I wouldn’t place a lot of emphasis on the “Rarity” because as Bruce said an oddball RPO can give a person a false sense of rareness. There are other issues like 70U being shown as Cobalt Blue rather than Redline Red.
However, I believe the numbers will turn out to be extremely accurate (divide by 2)

Example:
It shows 3413 of the 3416 MY2003’s to have the 73P Sterling Silver Wheels.
This is precisely correct because when I researched the MY2003 EX VIN build sheets I found the first three had 15P Silver Metallic wheels leaving 3413 with 73P’s. This is something nobody in their right mind would know!:glol

It seems these numbers may also help determine other things. It shows 3399 of 3416 had the JJA PT DRESS SUBASSEMBY. My interpretation is this was engine bay wiring dressing and possibly other wiring performed as a subassembly at ASC. I believe this RPO was not placed on the 17 because they were not subbed out from LCC to ASC because they were already at ASC.
We have heard stated the first 5 Signature Series were hand built at ASC but I never thought about others. I am not positive but it appears 17 SSR’s may have been assembled at ASC. I have confirmed 15 of the 17 without the JJA and all were built on or before April 30, 2003. I am curious to find out if the LCC started producing SSR's from their line sometime April 30 but only a supposition.
We will find some faults I’m sure but it is providing some very interesting data to work from.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Charlie:

I sent the email to the techies but no response yet. I'll clip and post when it arrives.

In the meantime we may be able to identify other anonomlies in the data and let them know as well.

PLEASE be sure to look over the parts diagrams and pricing too.

The bulletins seem to be accurate for the 2006's.

i guess what I am trying to convey is lots of "second sets of eyes" from the SSR experts here will ensure that the data is accurate.

Yes I ran my XLR-V to see what turned up. I didn't (yet) reconcile it to the production factory data I have access to. I need to do that.

Regards

Jerry

·
Super Moderator
13,637 Posts
I am finding a few things they should correct plus they have several "Unknown's" that I could fill in for them if they are interested.
I will begin to compile a list of things I see wrong that should be changed. This does not mean I have a diminished opinion of the overall value of the site as it has a lot of great information and is really quite accurate. It is helping me to link RPO's together by being able to compare how many were produced with identical numbers of RPO's in common.

Jerry, I am sending you a PM regarding your offer of assistance (silly boy).:D

·
Super Moderator
13,637 Posts
Firstly, it may seem as I have been quiet lately in terms of posting informative stuff but this is partially due to my trying to stockpile information. A big thank you to Jerry:yellow: (XLR yadayada), Dwight (BlueStreak):blue:, and Curt (Doophus):yellow: for their perseverence.
For the last couple months I have provided VIN's for the boys (and me) to search and they have shipped the results off to me.
Although the problems with this system are multifold, I also applaud CompNine as they give results I cannot get from GMVIS. Mostly CompNine is correct, but they have many "unknowns and errors". I can edit all of their mistakes and almost all of their "unknowns", but one build sheet at a time! 20 minutes times how many? Once again, the build sheets by CompNine are really interesting with some cool information but not completely reliable. However, I could take their build sheet and give you one for your SSR that would be 99% correct IMO. Often they do not have the BOD.
The problems:
When trying to locate specific groups of SSR's we have to search innumerable VIN's to get a postive result. Some of these groups can have a 500 plus VIN range to find about 40. We get about one hit for every 30 VIN's searched, yet I have to edit and record them all, or at least I feel the need to.
So far we have found all the Daytona 500's as well as a good number of the CA Speedways, Auto Club 500's etc.
I do have intentions for this information.:) Thanks again to Dwight, Curt and Jerry. Dwight has been doing this every day through his wonderful journey throughout North America.
However, at the end of the day if you want a 100% accurate build sheet do it through the Build Sheet Requests thread. CompNine is close and cool for numbers of, etc.

·
Vegas Mob
6,400 Posts
WOW!!! YellowDZH was build 01-19-2005 and is rated as "RARITY". It indicated that there are 4 2005 SSR Sport TRUCKS vehicles (0.014%) matching your exact options list. There are 8 (0.027%) with at least as many options. Interesting

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
SSR vin #

I put my Vin # in & it came back with 42704 matchs ? They didn't even make that many SSR's. I scrold down & it said there were only 4 that match with my extras, & that it was a rareity. what does that mean ?
Raider Keith:silver: my vin # 1gces14px4b104261.

·
Super Moderator
13,637 Posts
This was covered earlier in the thread. They have a glitch in their input system where MY2004 & MY2005 numbers were quadrupled so divide all numbers including the rarity factor by 4. MY2003 & MY2006 were doubled so divide by 2.
They were supposed to attempt to correct this but have not done anything so far. I also volunteered to correct their errors but no word there either.

Raider Keith - Firstly the colour afffects the rarity and then each combination of RPO's will come into play. In your case yours was a ZR6 Show Vehicle, which would really cut down the numbers and putting that together with other combinations makes yours a 1 of 1.
However, there are lots of 1 of 1's due to being the only one with a specific total of RPO's. The true spirit of a 1 of 1 is when it is the only vehicle with one specific RPO, not the result of multiples of combinations.

If anyone wants me to edit their CompNine build sheet PM me for my email address and if you send it to me I will return it edited, "unknowns" filled in, and corrected. I will not do all the divisions for you though, except the rarity factor.

·
BlueStreak
27,175 Posts
I went to that site. It says my 03, vin# ending in 391 is a "rarity"
The last discussion I saw had Compnine doing a good job on the basics but getting some of the numbers wrong, usually double. I have not heard reports regarding the depenability of the site since it restarted but once again Cash may jump in here and give you some indication of that. On the old site my 06 was suppposed to be one of two with the exact options I have and the word was that meant in reality it was one of a kind. I was happy to believe that it was one of 532 PB built and let it go at that.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Well, I just ran my VIN thru it and working using the key option codes- color (UV), cargo net, cargo comp wood trim, dealer ins flr mats, chrome wheel option. As I added each option the numbers decrease from approx 10,676 down to 1 of 66. I figured based on general odds that mine between color (1 of 1273) and chrome wheels (1 of 1657) against 10,676that I would have a low number- like 1 of 300/400ish .

·
Harefield SSR
133 Posts
Hi Cash
Went to Comp Nine and paid for a 5 x 5 report.
Received Build report, but couldn't see or find the Rarity info.
Is this only available when you fully subscribe?
In the intro it seemed to suggest there was other vehicle information available.
Am I missing something?
Its a small world, I live in the UK, but my cousin lives near Kamloops BC .
Hope you can enlighten me.
My VIN is 1GCES14H85B116399
v best
Mark

21 - 34 of 34 Posts