Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I noticed here on the board that the General was offering $3500 rebates on the SSR! Talked to my local dealer this afternoon and he said it was only #1000! What's up?

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Rebates?

I believe you were referring to one of the threads here that someone had stated that some dealers are giving $3,500 discounts of the MSRP. I believe SSRGUY had mentioned he had heard that there was a $1,000 dollar dealer insentive out now also.

·
Registered
152 Posts
$1,000

I did mention that GM was providing $1,000 in dealer cash. This is not a public rebate but something that Chevrolet Division is making available to the dealer and it is up to the dealer's discretion as to how it is applied. Consensus is that this needs to be MUCH larger. :)

BTW, If memory serves me correctly, on 13 or 14 of August RedTn.SSR indicated something about $3500. I emailed him about this but he did not reply to me.... NOTE: rec'd reply after this posting was originally put up>see B]RedTn.SSR's [/B] posting below.

WTS, there are Zone meetings going on this week about the '05 C6 and the 'second edition' SSr. It seems that SSr sales have really slowed but production has continued at 70 per day and inventory continues to accumulate at the dealer level. The dealers I speak with in my work tell me there is a lot of dissention as to who really should be responsible for all of the highly contented SSr's that are around and how to move the product. Note that nothing seems to be selling on eBay despite prices falling off. :leaving

Many people have figured out that an improved base '05 (1SA; boards & compartment trim) with a small dealer discount is likley to be far more desirable than the loaded '03/'04 vehicles with anything other than a really significant rebate/discount (i.e. $7.5k) off of list such that they are well below $40k including delivery and fees (but before tax).

:seeya

·
Registered
181 Posts
SSRGUY,Check Your Personal Msgs.

I hadn't noticed that there was a personal msg. sitting in my mail or I would have answered you sooner! I live in NW Tn. A dealer just across the Ky. state line (Murray, Ky.) has had 2 Redline Red SSR's on his lot for 3 or 4 months now. He's been running an ad in the local papers listing all his inventory at reduced prices. One of SSR's windows at $46,500 and he's asking $43,000. The other lists at $46,000 and he's asking $42,750. This includes a doc. fee of $84. I think this is just a local dealers price cut and not a Corporate GM thing. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
83 Posts
SSR pricing

I believe the SSR pricing is about to fall. Last week there was a new SSR on eBay. The MSRP was $47,590 and the buy it now price was $42,500. That's $5090 off MSRP and close to GMS employee pricing. However; even after 7 days there wasn't a single bid on that SSR. I've posted the link, so please see for yourselfs:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2486563479&category=6173

There will also be lots of new competition for the 2004 SSR. The upgraded 2005 SSR is coming out as well as the 2005 Vette. So I think things are going to get better for us consumers. :lurk I've waited this long, so I think I'll wait till mid September to see if the General comes up with more incentives for the 2004 SSR. :flag :thumbs

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Pricing

That link does show the starting bid @ $42,500.00 and buy now price too. The dealer is willing to sell it for below GM employee pricing?

Perhaps he is using some of the $1,000.00 incentive from GM??

I think the market is waiting for the 05s pricing to come out and see where they will be at.

·
Registered
45 Posts
In the Shreveport Times today, there is an ad for Springhill Motors in Springhill Louisiana, that has a new 2004 SSR for $39,895. So much for my resell value. Ah, what the heck....I wouldn't sell it anyway...It's too cool! :cool

1 - 7 of 7 Posts