Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,273 Posts
This is the truck that Scott King customized. It is actually truly a work of art done by a true metal artist. Scott actually works, shrinks, stretches and reshapes the metal like very few can as he added the actual '53 body panels, he doesn't just slap a lot of bondo over mediocre body work. Scott is who modified the original retro tailgates that a few of us are lucky enough to have. This truck was also the subject of a thread and link "03 to 53 conversion". If anyone ever gets the chance to see this truck, you will definitely be amazed at the craftsmanship......

Link added by moderator

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I was amazed at the work that went into this truck. I also thought the tailgate was a great touch and my hat is off to the man who built it . That is some real craftsmanship in that build.

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,878 Posts
Some times you just can't improve on an original Idea. Lots of work to improve something that didn't need improving. I like my original better. To each his or her own. That is what it is all about.

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,907 Posts
I saw this truck at the rally in Laughlin, NV in March of 2015. It truly is a work of art.
Our Own Umpire13 had a hand in the building. I was fortunate enough to have gone to see some of the early fender fitting process. Yes, This IS where the tailgate mod was born ! There are so many Unique features incorporated into this One Off Truck .... Many innovative ideas were brought up with this and the '59 ElCo builds that brought... "I Could DO that".... They were Right there up Front.....

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,273 Posts
Our Own Umpire13 had a hand in the building. I was fortunate enough to have gone to see some of the early fender fitting process. Yes, This IS where the tailgate mod was born ! There are so many Unique features incorporated into this One Off Truck .... Many innovative ideas were brought up with this and the '59 ElCo builds that brought... "I Could DO that".... They were Right there up Front.....
Yep, Umpire13 is who put me in touch with Scott to create our retro tailgate. Scott sent me an entire DVD of the build of our tailgate. Michelangelo of metal....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts