Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I tried using "search" for rim info and didn't get quite what I was looking for. Can anyone tell me if the stock Trailblazer rims will fit on the SSR? I am specifically looking at the 20" rims. Reason for asking is I have been looking at several rims on Ebay and most state they will fit the Trailblazer, Envoy, and a few fords. Some list different offsets. Any help would be appreciated.

Clayton

·
Premium Member
9,382 Posts
Hi, Clayton

Do a search using Colorado Customs, Coddington, etc and you should pull up some info.

I'm not sure if the Trailblazer wheels could work on front or rear, but certainly not both.

The front and rear offsets are very similar, but the rear wheels are 2" wider. I suspect the Tralblazer wheels are 8" wide. If so, they would be buried in your rear wheelwells - sort of the look of a duallie pickup with only the inner wheels mounted.:lol If they are 10" rims, the fronts will eat up your front fenders. Plus, if you run 20's front and rear, you'll lose the big/little hot rod look of the 19s and 20s

This is an old thread from when I got my wheels - should give you a starting point.
I just went in and typed Colorado Customs, and a whole whack of threads about wheels and offsets pulled up. Good luck

Ray

http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4246&highlight=colorado+customs

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Bolt pattern is 6 x 127mm 0r 6 x 5". The info I have seen lists the front wheel offset at + 32 to + 35 mm and + 15 to 20mm for the rear wheel. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
9,382 Posts
Offset and backspace are a bit confusing. Most wheel companies seem to prefer working with two numbers that really simplify making sure you get the right wheel for the application.

1 - Backspace - is a measurement from the back of the hub (the flat surface mounted to your brake rotor) to the outside rear edge of the wheel. Measuring it is fairly easy with the tire off. Just place a flat edge on the rear surface of the wheel, and measure the distance - should be very close to 6" on the rears.

2 - Wheel width. If you already know the backspace, the amount of offset is decided by how wide the wheel is.

Those were the only two measurements required by Newstalgia when we ordered the wheels.

Let me know if you need more - I could did out the order and get you the exact numbers I specified at that time. If you do decide to purchase wheels, David Coker at Newstalgia was excellent to work with.

Ray

·
Premium Member
9,382 Posts
Searched an old thread and found this for you. Hope it helps.

Ray

Information from the Newstalgia order for the Colorado Customs wheels on my SSR

Fit was excellent. Decreasing the backspace slightly on the rear wheels would increase the size of the front lip, but place the wheel closer to the edge of the fender.

19 x 8, 6 on 5", 5 3/4 BACKSPACE (not offset)

20 x 10, 6 on 5", 6 1/8" BACKSPACE

The backspace measurement was taken directly from the stock wheel. Newstalgia said several other wheels for SSRs have been ordered with a 5 3/4 rear backspace, which would place the outside lip of the rear wheel 3/8" closer to the fender. I don't think you'd have a problem with that. Love the look of that really deep dish.

Check my thread on Dakota Digital - might be a good idea when you install the new wheels.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You guys are awesome. Thanx for the info.:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts