Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! We are new SSR owners of a 2003 Slingshot Yellow SSR. We bought this gem in June went on a road trip and thoroughly enjoyed our new ride. Then two weeks ago we unfortunately hit a giant pothole. Boo! We have been looking for new rims ever since. Can anyone offer any assistance? Looking for four chrome 8.5 x 20"s. Thanks in advance for any knowledge anyone can offer.

·
Premium Member
9,317 Posts
Hello! We are new SSR owners of a 2003 Slingshot Yellow SSR. We bought this gem in June went on a road trip and thoroughly enjoyed our new ride. Then two weeks ago we unfortunately hit a giant pothole. Boo! We have been looking for new rims ever since. Can anyone offer any assistance? Looking for four chrome 8.5 x 20"s. Thanks in advance for any knowledge anyone can offer.
Stock wheels are 19 x 8 front, 20 x 10 rear. If you have anything else on your truck, they not stock. Same wheel size on fronts and rears would be unusual, even for aftermarket wheels.

Reactions: tennesseecozydog

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Why 4 ??? OEM fronts are 19 !!! Am I missing something ??? Now back to the initial sentence ... "Hello! We are new SSR owners of a 2003 Slingshot Yellow SSR"

Well, CONGRATULATIONS and :00000732: :00000732: :00000732: to the SSR NATION & FAMILY of SSRfanatics !!! :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

Can't help you out myself but ... "stay tuned" help and advice is on the way !!! "Bro"

Again :00000732: aboard and wishing you all many fun miles in your "yeller" Super Sport Roadster !!! tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,387 Posts
Cgsorens, the other two comments are correct but others will tell you where to get them repaired or replaced. Meantime--Welcome from Forney Texas!!! You will discover that you have found the BEST FORUM ever!---Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" something, it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

Nick & Kathy

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,397 Posts
Stock wheels are 19 x 8 front, 20 x 10 rear. If you have anything else on your truck, they not stock. Same wheel size on fronts and rears would be unusual, even for aftermarket wheels.
I would also point out that chrome was not available in 2003 so somewhere the wheels were changed. Not unusual, but maybe the change was not OEM SSR wheels so you need to see what you have and what you really want since you are looking.

By the way, Welcome to the family and all the helpful information you will get, whether you want it or not. Start another thread here in the New member forum and introduce yourself. You might also want to go to USER CP and modify Your Profile with some information about yourself and your truck so when we read your posts we have some idea who and what we are reading about.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for all the quick responses! I will update our profile as soon as I get a chance. We are in the Land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota! The truck does have custom Zinick rims on it. We're becoming well aware of how unique these are and that that company no longer exists. We're looking for four rims so they will all still match as no replacement can be found for the one that was damaged beyond repair by the pothole. They are the unique size of 20x8.5 all the way around. Will try to post a pic.

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,799 Posts
If I'm not mistaken bennybad (screen name) has 4 satin rims complete with the center caps available which your R came stock with unless you wanted to go with chrome.

Dave

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,397 Posts
Thank you for all the quick responses! I will update our profile as soon as I get a chance. We are in the Land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota! The truck does have custom Zinick rims on it. We're becoming well aware of how unique these are and that that company no longer exists. We're looking for four rims so they will all still match as no replacement can be found for the one that was damaged beyond repair by the pothole. They are the unique size of 20x8.5 all the way around. Will try to post a pic.
Are these rims still 6 bolt rims? or did they change the hubs as well? This would be an important element in your search.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Now, that answers my question about the Rims ... Thank You :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

Back in the day used to drink that Hamm's Beer "From the Land of the Sky Blue Water" That was 1963, Ft. Leonard Wood, Missouri, oh and another one was Champain Velvet, I think.

Again " :00000732: to "R" World as it Turns" 10 uh C cozydog :ssr

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Murfreesboro, TN - we ate at a restaurant and also went to Church there while driving thru that area on a Sunday this past winter. We met several nice people there. :)

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
Now, that answers my question about the Rims ... Thank You :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

Back in the day used to drink that Hamm's Beer "From the Land of the Sky Blue Water" That was 1963, Ft. Leonard Wood, Missouri, oh and another one was Champain Velvet, I think.

Again " :00000732: to "R" World as it Turns" 10 uh C cozydog :ssr
:frown2:
T Dog.......I had a couple of buddies that drank that "swill".........Hamms.:surprise:

I never understood it, it had a unique taste of it's own.......could pick it out of most any others from unmarked cups. It never compared (at the time) with my Schlitz.:wink2:

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,397 Posts
:frown2:
T Dog.......I had a couple of buddies that drank that "swill".........Hamms.:surprise:

I never understood it, it had a unique taste of it's own.......could pick it out of most any others from unmarked cups. It never compared (at the time) with my Schlitz.:wink2:
Alright gentlemen, there have been complaints lodged recently over posting in the wrong Forums, Hijacking threads, and not following the rules regarding multiple posts and bumping. Since this thread has nothing to do with beer, you get to take the flack for hijacking. Just a warning to you and others. No penalties at this time.:surprise:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts