Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
M
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had issues with my convertible top and was quoted over $2000 by a Chevy Dealer for a repair that "might" work. The Dicktator referred me to "ED in FL" who repaired it for $50. Ed not only fixed my roof, but was generous enough to look over my SSR for any other needed repairs. He found no others that needed to be done and gave his recommendations on future improvements and maintenance. He was pleasant and generous with his time. My roof now works perfectly....and I keep thinking of his last comment to me "the best thing you can do now with this convertible roof is to use it". Having fun with the breeze in my hair...gone in my SSR!
Jennie
PS I am notifying my Chevy dealer and recommend Ed to anyone out there with a roof issue!

·
Lost In The 50's
1,161 Posts
What kind of fix

Ed has worked on my roof too and fixed it. What did he have to do to your roof to get it working?

·
Premium Member
2003 Chevy SSR, Customized
604 Posts
Ed has worked on my roof too and fixed it. What did he have to do to your roof to get it working?
Both storage compartment cover (tonneau) latch micro switches were stuck in the latched position.
Removed the latches, applied WD40 to the micro switches, and exercised the operating arm until the switches were operating freely.

·
#1 SidePipe Club
3,299 Posts
I too notified my local dealer about the micro switches. We'll see if they use the information. This doesn't sell parts and flat rate labor.

I had issues with my convertible top !

PS I am notifying my Chevy dealer and recommend Ed to anyone out there with a roof issue!

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Could be worse, Dick... I used to call on a customer whose MOTHER named him Richard.... Last name HEAD... I can just envision the first day of every school year with the teacher assigning seats ... " and where is little Dick Head".... SO CRUEL !!!!!!!! IT was so hard to address him as RICHARD ... it was like "DON'T THINK ABOUT ZEBRAS"

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't have any problem with car roof but with home roof. Is there anyone who can help in fixing the leaks in the roof.The water is continuously flowing from past few days , i have plastered the leak but still the water is flowing. I really doesn't know what to do , how roof repair has been done. Please share your thoughts.

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,600 Posts
I don't have any problem with car roof but with home roof. Is there anyone who can help in fixing the leaks in the roof.The water is continuously flowing from past few days , i have plastered the leak but still the water is flowing. I really doesn't know what to do , how roof repair has been done. Please share your thoughts.
=====================================

Hmmmmm. I do believe you've reached the wrong forum. This is a forum about SSR TRUCKS.

You might want to consult your friendly Yellow Pages!!

=============
David :black:

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
5,006 Posts
Just curious----Has anyone clicked that "link" to see what's there???? I'm old school and don't click links from people I don't know!!
Edit-- since looking at the rest of the threads, he has made a number of comments to get his post numbers up?
Nick

1 - 20 of 28 Posts