Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an easy way to find what vehicles a dealer has in his inventory in other parts of the country? Every time I the only dealers I can find are within a 25 mile radius of my home using my zip code. Am I to believe the only way for me would be to take out a map, find a city in another state, find the zip code for that city and then search??

Hoping there is an easier way. Have been looking for a pair of 05 yellow with auto, not necessarily at the same dealer with very little equipment.

Any help would be appreciated otherwise a map and a zip code book will have to become my best friend.

Thanks in advance,

Marc

·
Banned
183 Posts
bcbear10 said:
Is there an easy way to find what vehicles a dealer has in his inventory in other parts of the country? Every time I the only dealers I can find are within a 25 mile radius of my home using my zip code. Am I to believe the only way for me would be to take out a map, find a city in another state, find the zip code for that city and then search??

Hoping there is an easier way. Have been looking for a pair of 05 yellow with auto, not necessarily at the same dealer with very little equipment.

Any help would be appreciated otherwise a map and a zip code book will have to become my best friend.

Thanks in advance,

Marc
Thats going to be hard to do. I would assume most of the units left on dealers lots are the "loaded up" ones. Yellow is also very popular.

·
Registered
203 Posts
bcbear10 said:

Thanks in advance,

Marc
Marc,
Maybe fellow SSRFanatics can do a search in their area and report the findings back to you, dealership with zip code so you could persue. This could possibly cover alot of area very quickly.Just post what you are looking for and I will start the search in the Dallas / Fort Worth area if interested.

·
Premium Member
2006 Aqua Blur 22578
1,436 Posts
bcbear10 said:

Thanks in advance,

Marc
Go to Chevy.com and click on "Find a Vehicle". Then you can select the vehicle you want to find and either search by zip code OR by City and State. It is supposed to give you everything within 100 miles.

Roger

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wildcat66 said:

Wildcat,

Thanks for the great tip. I never thought to try autotraders. Spent the last hour on their site and found close to 50 yellow 05's. Also found a few 06's however I am sure there will be less interest right now on dealing. There is one dealer with 10 on his lot and two of them are yellow. He will be my first call! Even found several that were within 100 of my vin# and one within 12. Will be on the phone tomorrow trying to line up one and possibly two. Just love this thing, especially in Yellow.

Thanks again,

Marc

:thumbs :thumbs :thumbs

·
Premium Member
31,429 Posts
Here's a trick to try!

I was just fooling around with the "gmbuypower" site. Once you choose your car and enter your zip code, it'll pull up the 5 closest dealers. If you select one that doesn't have any stock, there's a selection link for "Search Nearby Dealerships". When I chose this link, pulled up 50 actual matches (not just links to local dealers), some of which were 100 miles away. Now you can simply choose a few zip codes and cover a lot of area at once. You can then narrow the selection by options, colors, distance, etc. In my opinion, this is what the search system should be doing by default with a choice later to narrow it down to your dealer preference.

I did do a search for my area here (Wash DC suburbs). I found 3 2005 Slingshots (2 were 6-spds), but all have 1SB packages. The search for the 2006's came up with only 1 slinghot, and it's a 3SS.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SSR found

Just a quick thank you to all who helped me in my search for a second SSR. The idea from Wildcat was great. Thru autotrader.com I was able to locate over 50 Yellow SSR's. After many hours today and many calls I found 3 dealers who were more than willing to talk my talk. There may have been more who would talk but I started with the closest to my home. Was not looking to have vehicle trucked in if I could avoid it. I will probably not get much sleep tonight as i sort thru each truch and decide which one will work best for me. They all have items that i want as well as don't want. I am sure there will be many new parts for sale shortly.

Hope I didn't jump the gun by buying now. I really do not think the prices could get much lower. The discounts are running between 12,665 for the low to 13,720 for a high, plus as mentioned before, many items to sell including chrome wheels which will bring a good chunk of change back to my pocket.

Decisions, decisions, decisions----------

Marc

:thumbs :thumbs :thumbs

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Plenty of 06 Slingshots in the Midwest. Saw one at the dealer on Saturday. I was looking at an 05 they had, but for the money I think I would rather get an 06 who's birthday won't be coming up soon. All of the 05's I've seen have already had their first birthday. With things going the way they are I feel you should be able to get good deals in some areas especialy where it's winter and snow is starting to fall. I'm going to be calling places up in Michigan soon. Especially around the Lansing area.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SS My R said:
Plenty of 06 Slingshots in the Midwest. Saw one at the dealer on Saturday. I was looking at an 05 they had, but for the money I think I would rather get an 06 who's birthday won't be coming up soon. All of the 05's I've seen have already had their first birthday. With things going the way they are I feel you should be able to get good deals in some areas especialy where it's winter and snow is starting to fall. I'm going to be calling places up in Michigan soon. Especially around the Lansing area.

Good luck with your search. Since there is little difference between the 05 and 06, as a second vehicle I felt the largest discount right know would be on the 05. I only saw 1 06 in yellow and they laughed at me. In 6 months they wont be laughing. I couldnt turn down a new vehicle for 33,500 out the door. All I have to pay is NJ 6% tax. Everything else was included, plus many good items to sell to everyone.

Marc

·
Registered
28 Posts
Do a google search on "Chevrolet SSR For Sale" and you will find several sites that cover nation wide. Such as AUTOWEB and others. They cover new and used dealers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts