Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dunno if anybody saw it. I searched for a topic on it but didn't see it. In the movie the Island, that just came out on dvd, one of the main characters drives a hot :ssr . It is black, with red and orange flames its pretty sweet. Its a pretty good movie as well, so you should all check it out.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Watched it last night. You don't really see the SSR a whole lot in my opinion. I can see why this one bombed at the box office. Some cool effects but lacks content overall. I had high expectations of seeing a lot of that ssr on the movie and it was a real let down. Yep, the driver of the SSR gets axed early on in the show. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I saw the movie on the plane ride over to Ireland thi past November. the only reason I stayed awake was to see the SSR in it, what a dissapointment. The SSR was only in the movie for about 20 seconds. I should have slept instead, the movie was a complete bore.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I forgot to mention, they actually show three people in the front seat of the ssr! The crazy guy and the girl and guy who are clones. I especially loved those 300C's and Dodge Magnums getting blown up! Too cool. :jester

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
BIG JIM said:
Where are the rearview mirror's
the movie takes place in the future so the SSR is obviously OLD and probably should look a bit more beat up than just missing the side mirrors. Movie not that great but have seen worse. My nephews compared it to War of the Worlds...I thought it more reminiscent of "Soylent Green"...anyone remember that?

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I wouldn't have gone to the theater to see it but I am sure my 8 and 10 year old boys will like it! Any way it will be great for the collection!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
artsmart said:
the movie takes place in the future so the SSR is obviously OLD and probably should look a bit more beat up than just missing the side mirrors. Movie not that great but have seen worse. My nephews compared it to War of the Worlds...I thought it more reminiscent of "Soylent Green"...anyone remember that?
"Try all of Soylent's delicious flavors: Soylent red, Soylent yellow, and new, delicious, Soylent green. Made from the finest undersea growth."

"It's people. Soylent Green is made out of people. They're making our food out of people. Next thing they'll be breeding us like cattle for food. You've gotta tell them. You've gotta tell them!"

great movie, lol

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
pbmaniac2000 said:
I dunno if anybody saw it. I searched for a topic on it but didn't see it. In the movie the Island, that just came out on dvd, one of the main characters drives a hot :ssr . It is black, with red and orange flames its pretty sweet. Its a pretty good movie as well, so you should all check it out.

Saw the movie, used the car for my website www.SSR.GRcustoms.com cool sounding pipes on the SSR!

GR

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
pbmaniac2000 said:
That was definetly a hot car. What did you do to the exhaust system, cause it sounded incredible.
No, I said the sound of the SSR in the movie was awesome! I just used the picture for my website page.

GR

1 - 20 of 29 Posts