Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i spotted my first ultraviolet ssr on the road today in Texas. Hwy 199 @ f.m. 730 in the Albertson's parking lot. it had a yellow support the troops sticker on the back. didn't get a chance to speak with the driver as i was going on an errand the other direction. since i bought my ssr in dec of 04 i have seen 3 yellow, 2 red, 2 black, 1 silver and 1 ultra violet. the only aqua blur i have seen so far is at the dealership where i bought mine. :seeya
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Do you drive your red-line up 730 to Decatur?

:cool We travel 730 from James Wood country down to Azle and have seen a red-line, perhaps yours? (p.s. Google's Satellite Map for 480 Northwest Pkwy, Azle, TX 76020 has quite a fine detail shot of that intersection!)
:reddevil I am expecting delivery of my windsuppressr tomorrow so that I can install it for our drive to Granbury on Saturday to enjoy an incredible field of bluebonnets (about a week prior to our transAtlantic cruise from Galveston to Rome and then our back-to-back of the Greek Islands to Venice. I am Quite certain that my youngest son in Boyd and my eldest son in Azle will take good care of my smokin' asphalt!) :reddevil
:jester Oh, by the way. We drove in my smokin' asphalt to Arlington last week and took a tour of the Arlington Baptist College on West Division (check out my link to one of the O. K. Carter columns) and it was awesome how good my retro roadster looked parked at the prime location at the Top O' The Hill. (Kay has a handicap permit so we were parked next to the President of the College!) :lol Come to think of it, maybe it is appropriate that we were there? We got our marriage license at the Crown Point, IN court house where John Dillinger spent some time! Wonder if he ever made it to Arlington? :reddevil Too bad Bennie Binion took that $2 million to build that Horse Shoe casino in Vegas :leaving :cool You should take a tour of the ABC! :rolleyes:
 

·
Jim-n-Tanya
Joined
·
1,354 Posts
I Agree

I agree about this forum being awsome. I don't agree about leaving my SSR to my kids though. I would surely have to have mine locked up in a vault. I have a 16 year old just waiting for me to go to Iraq so he can tear up some assssfault.

Eveyone keep up the good work and we will eventually get together! :cool
 

·
Machell
Joined
·
20,829 Posts
P010ne,
Will you be back from your cruise in time for the First Saturday Car/Cruise in Downtown Decatur? I believe it is June? We should plan on a get together.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,890 Posts
Decatur meet

To P010NE, I have sent you two PM did you not receive them ??,I live on 380 W in Denton Co. Next to Wise Co. Line. Will like to meet in Decatur , Will pick my new 05 SSR tomorrow ,IF FRANK PARRA HAS IT READY . :seeya
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
579 Posts
Slingshot Yellow Sited with Red Ghost Flames

Today I spotted a slingshot yellow SSR headed south on the 15 freeway. Spotted you near Hesperia and lost you near Rancho Cucamonga. Your SSR had the red ghost flames and an SSR logo near the gas cap. Are you a member of this site?

:seeya E :seeya
 

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
Joined
·
8,652 Posts
Lucky YOU!

ECurtis said:
Today I spotted a slingshot yellow SSR headed south on the 15 freeway.
.. being stuck way up in the Northern Blizard Country I haven't seen any SSRs on the road for at least the 6 months! :cry :nopity
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,890 Posts
Location

Victorville is in California, Hope to see Wildcat in Decatur :seeya
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
p010ne said:
:cool We travel 730 from James Wood country down to Azle and have seen a red-line, perhaps yours? (p.s. Google's Satellite Map for 480 Northwest Pkwy, Azle, TX 76020 has quite a fine detail shot of that intersection!)
:reddevil I am expecting delivery of my windsuppressr tomorrow so that I can install it for our drive to Granbury on Saturday to enjoy an incredible field of bluebonnets (about a week prior to our transAtlantic cruise from Galveston to Rome and then our back-to-back of the Greek Islands to Venice. I am Quite certain that my youngest son in Boyd and my eldest son in Azle will take good care of my smokin' asphalt!) :reddevil
:jester Oh, by the way. We drove in my smokin' asphalt to Arlington last week and took a tour of the Arlington Baptist College on West Division (check out my link to one of the O. K. Carter columns) and it was awesome how good my retro roadster looked parked at the prime location at the Top O' The Hill. (Kay has a handicap permit so we were parked next to the President of the College!) :lol Come to think of it, maybe it is appropriate that we were there? We got our marriage license at the Crown Point, IN court house where John Dillinger spent some time! Wonder if he ever made it to Arlington? :reddevil Too bad Bennie Binion took that $2 million to build that Horse Shoe casino in Vegas :leaving :cool You should take a tour of the ABC! :rolleyes:


occasionally i go to boyd but haven't been to decatur in a couple of months. i have been told by a friend who lives in denton that he has seen another red ssr between decatur and fort worth. mine has vanity plates with COMLEY and the little Texas emblem. i also saw two red ssr's on f.m. 730 on dec.17 on the way to decatur to pickup my ssr as they were installing a trailer package. they were between Azle and Boyd. :cool
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Ready for our trip into Bluebonnet country!

:ssr WindSuppreSSR came today so Kay & I installed it OK! Not too much of a challenge for us, but then she helped me install my 10' satellite dish on the North side of our house when we moved in from Arlington in '91 (now went with DirecTV and enjoying DFW HD, Discovery, etc...)! :reddevil
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Well, actually my smokin' SSR is registered in HER name, she is in it's system as Driver #1 and I have allowed her to drive it a couple of times around Decatur! I think I have her convinced that the red Saturn VUE that I got her for Valentines Day a couple of years ago is MORE suitable for her!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,317 Posts
comley said:
i spotted my first ultraviolet ssr on the road today in Texas. Hwy 199 @ f.m. 730 in the Albertson's parking lot. it had a yellow support the troops sticker on the back. didn't get a chance to speak with the driver as i was going on an errand the other direction. since i bought my ssr in dec of 04 i have seen 3 yellow, 2 red, 2 black, 1 silver and 1 ultra violet. the only aqua blur i have seen so far is at the dealership where i bought mine. :seeya
Just last week I picked up an Aqua Blur, from Classic Chevrolet. I love it! ;)

Have no plans for a wind screen, since it blocks the rear view mirror, besides, I dont have enough hair left for it to bother me. lol I live in Plano, and baseball season is right around the corner, if you are a Frisco RoughRider fan. :thumbs

I drive it off and on now, but plan on driving it daily to our new Carwash in Richardson, "Cool Water" when it opens in another couple of weeks.

Off to pay the tax man, ohh ohhh the tax maaaannnnn
 
1 - 20 of 108 Posts
Top