Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Tech Support/Research
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are a few photos showing how I access two of the SSR's spark plugs with the tightest access, Numbers 2 and 4 on the right front side of the engine (one ahead of the oil dipstick, one behind).

The first step is to temporarily reposition the coolant overflow tank by removing the tie wrap supporting the two heater hoses, unscrewing one sheet metal screw at the front with a 10mm socket, unclipping the tank from its side bracket and swinging it forward into a vertical position out of the way. You do not need to drain the tank or disconnect the fluid lines to the tank.

Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire

The spark plugs can then be removed using a long bent handle flex head 3/8 inch ratchet, a similar straight handle flex head ratchet, a standard depth ¾ inch hex socket and a 5/8 inch spark plug socket with a ¾ inch hex end.

Wood Tool Auto part Metal Nickel

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Automotive tire

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exhaust Bumper

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exhaust Automotive fuel system Bumper

Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive tire Bicycle handlebar

·
Registered
2004 acquired used in 2016 at 65k miles. 2021 added SS headers, ported heads, LS9 Cam, SE GM rad
259 Posts
great pics. Changed my plugs when I added headers and did the heads last year so that tank was out of the way for me. Good to know how without removing everything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts