Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flew to the twin cities last week and while driving spotted a yellow SSR. Couldn't catch up before it turned off and I forget how to access member's states to check if anyone is registered from Minneapolis. Can't even be sure it was locally registered as I didn't get close enough.

Was nice to see though. Although I live in New York (Long Island) here is where I have seen other SSR's:

New York (not mine - 1) - yellow
Burlington Vermont - red
Minneapolis, Minnesota - yellow
Pikesville Maryland - yellow

It makes me think we should create a way to communicate to SSR's that we pass that we too are fellow SSR owners. Some sort of wave or signal.

I have tried yelling "are you a Fanatic" but it doesn't work at 70 or so miles an hour in heavy traffic! :lol

Rick

·
Registered
98 Posts
SSRs Spotted

Hi Marc,
What part of New York for the Yellow one? As you know I'm in Westchester Cty and do often travel around, usually to the north though. Want to stay out of the 5 boroughs.

Took one trip to Atlantic City during the summer. What a great trip with the top down and the sun shining.

Was in Sebastian, Florida last week visiting and saw a yellow with a front plate that said "BEEF". Couldn't get close though.

Have seen a handful of others.

·
Registered
137 Posts
In 17000 miles I have only come across 1 other SSR on the road and that was a red one traveling south on 95 while I was going north. Needless to say it was a little tough to say hi :seeya

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,128 Posts
During my road trip home from Buffalo NY to FL I did not see another SSR anywhere along the 1100 mile trip. I have seen 2 locally, one yellow one in town and a purple one up in ST Augustine.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay now Vegas and saw a red SSR. first thought was that it was ladyinred but I was in a cab and couldn't get close enough.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Palm Springs spotting

I spotted a smoky black SSR painted silver on top with red pin striping around the middle. Who are you?

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
San Dimas spotting

I spotted a silver SSR last Sat. about 3:00 p.m. in San Dimas, CA right where the 57 freeways splits off from the 210. Are you on our forum? If you are I would like to meet up somewhere. So far I've met 6 other SSR owner's in my area.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Few in northeast?

We flew to D.C. the first part of last week and by weekend had driven to Portland, Maine, by way of Baltimore, Phily, Trenton, Newark, NYC, Hartford, Providence, Boston, Foxboro, and Concord (in a rental car...sadly). We saw a lot of autos on this trek, but only 3 SSRs. None on the road...2 at dealerships and one in a promotional display...for a chair!.

O

·
0 Posts
The Ultimate

We bought home our Black SSR in March and love it. So did the next next door neighbor, 3 weeks ago a red 2004 ended up in his driveway. :)

Oh well so much for being original.

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Love thy neighbor!

OurSSR said:
We bought home our Black SSR in March and love it. So did the next next door neighbor, 3 weeks ago a red 2004 ended up in his driveway. :)

Oh well so much for being original.
Isn't copying the HIGHEST form of flattery???

·
Registered
371 Posts
Marc NY said:
Isn't copying the HIGHEST form of flattery???

You are absolutely correct Mark! I have never gotten so many looks, stares, and positive comments about any of my rides before my SSR! People can't stop admiring it! Let them copy, they can't be all that bad if all of US own one!

O

·
0 Posts
I agree it is the best kind of flattery. Especially the first time he saw me waiting to pull out the driveway. He almost locked up his prowler. I need to go down and see if the SSR is a addition or he traded off the prowler.

Marc, by the way I am a fellow New Yorker, from Saratoga Springs.

·
Registered
318 Posts
SSR Spotting

We are in Sacramento area and I have an aquaintance that has three SSR's! 03 Red - 04 Yalla & an 05 Black..... He has painted everything imaginable yellow on the Slingshot... Took the dash out, sanded it smooth, painted it yellow... Painted the bright trim inside, including the steering wheel yellow.. Painted the door handles and the running boards yellow..... Looks pretty cool and he eliminated all those stinking fingerprints that the bright trim accumulates!

Also, there is another guy here in Sacramento that is on this site, Jim, that has on 04 Red job.... He and I are going to hook up and street drag one of these daze!

Other than that, I have not seen any others here.... We bought ours in Terre Haute and drove all the way back to Sacramento and never saw another SSR.... Sure got a lot of kudo's everywhere we went..... Never had so much fun.....

Rainwater

J

·
0 Posts
Sacto

And the sales manager at Folsom Chevrolet just traded his Corvette in for an SSR, so that means there are at least 6 of them up here :thumbs

Attachments

·
RetroCarGuy530
1,531 Posts
Rainwater, I had a Black 03 SSR. I'm sorry to say that I don't any longer due to its numerous problems. Maybe an 05 or 06 SSR will be in my future. :)

There is a guy that owns a Slingshot Yellow SSR in El Dorado Hills, CA (Larry I believe is his first name). I see his SSR around Cameron Park every now and then.

·
Registered
318 Posts
SSR Cameron Park

Jez man sorry you had to dump your 03.... I bought an 04 AND with almost 5K I have had 0 problems.... Cept wanting more power! Everything on mine works just fine... No leaks, no squeaks.... The only thing I complain about is the danged noise coming from behind the seats up through the top storage compartment.... Maybe a little more room between the seat and the seat controls and thats about it.... We love ours and really enjoy tooling around in it....

Jim & I are thinking we should get an SSR cruise going here in Sacramento.... Even if we just all got together and lied about stuff it would be fun!!!!!

Thanks for the info on Larry... If you see him up there you should flag him down and tell him about the great SSR site.....

Steve Rainwater

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
N Y

OurSSR said:
I agree it is the best kind of flattery. Especially the first time he saw me waiting to pull out the driveway. He almost locked up his prowler. I need to go down and see if the SSR is a addition or he traded off the prowler.

Marc, by the way I am a fellow New Yorker, from Saratoga Springs.
HI OurSSR,

I am in Niagara just North of Buffalo... glad to meet ya! You will enjoy this site a lot. We have tons of fun here... :)

Oh yes, you folks out there have some beautiful leaves your way... so take a few photos and share them with all of us here ok?
:thumbs

:seeya

·
Registered
34 Posts
Spotted!!

lloger said:
I spotted a silver SSR last Sat. about 3:00 p.m. in San Dimas, CA right where the 57 freeways splits off from the 210. Are you on our forum? If you are I would like to meet up somewhere. So far I've met 6 other SSR owner's in my area.

I live in Tulsa OKLA. and my SSR is silver on top with black on bottom. There must be three trucks like that. the one in Palm Springs, Boyd Coddingtons and Mine.

I think that is great!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Spotted!!

I messed-up....... I was trying to answer the message from Saharajohn about the SSR in the Palm Springs area with the Silver Top. :flag

·
Registered
322 Posts
Black in So Cal ?

Saw an SSR in So Cal on Tuesday this week-

Top Down, Orange Hat, Shiny Black on the 241 Toll Rd in Rancho Santa Margarita /Foothill Ranch area.............

Looking very sexy and sleek against the beautiful canyon background!
This car is such a nice ride for the canyons!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts