Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear members, its with a very sad broken heart that I will be leaving the group for awhile. Night before last my Smokin' Asphalt 04 SSR was stolen from my driveway and was found abandoned in a remote wooded area and burned!!! It was one one the sadest days of my adult life. It had only 5400 miles on it and I bought it right when the 04's came out. Like all of us it was "very" important in my life. I actually went to the Canadian International Auto Show in 2000 and witnessed its debut. I have the looseleaf binder with all the introductory information and the color slides from the show. The Police have naturally no idea who or why. I will be looking for another, this time maybe an 05 with the same color and ebony interior. I have noticed quite a few on E-bay from dealers brand new at very reasonable prices, better than what I paid. Well anyway ladies and gents....Please keep a watchful eye on your BEAUTIFUL SSR'S and I pray it never happens to anyone else.

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
So Sorry!!

TLMSSR04
So sorry to hear about you loss! Burned to hide the fingerprints I would think.
God this makes me soooo mad :mad I'ts one of my biggest fears. I feel so bad for you. I am glad to hear that you will be looking for another.

What state or country are you in? It might be helpful for us other SSR owners.

Wishing you the best in your search for your 05 or maybe 06.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I can only imagine your anger, and sadness. I hope that your search for a new SSR will help to mend the cruelty of this incident!! Hurry back!!!!:ssr

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Stolen Ssr

SINCE THE SSR DOES NOT COME WITH ON STAR. I HAVE HAD LO JACK INSTALLD ON MINE. IF THE SSR IS MOVED WITH OUT THE FOB THAT IS HOOKED ON WITH YOUR KEYS . YOU ARE CALLED BY LO JACK TO SEE IF THERE IS A PROBLEM. THEN THE POLICE ARE CALLED. IVE HAD ONE OF MY CARS STOLEN. :mad IT WAS A HEART BREAK TO GO OUTSIDE AND NOT SEE IT. TO ALL OWNERS OF SSR'S ID SUGJEST HAVING ONE PUT ON. IT ONLY COST BETWEEN $300-$500 TO BE INSTALLED. CHEP INSURANCE I THINK. I AM VERY SORRY ABOUT YOUR LOSS. :mad BUT THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CAN GET KNOW MAY BE THE NEW ORANGE ONE????

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
TLMSSR04 said:
Dear members, its with a very sad broken heart that I will be leaving the group for awhile. Night before last my Smokin' Asphalt 04 SSR was stolen from my driveway and was found abandoned in a remote wooded area and burned!!! It was one one the sadest days of my adult life. It had only 5400 miles on it and I bought it right when the 04's came out. Like all of us it was "very" important in my life. I actually went to the Canadian International Auto Show in 2000 and witnessed its debut. I have the looseleaf binder with all the introductory information and the color slides from the show. The Police have naturally no idea who or why. I will be looking for another, this time maybe an 05 with the same color and ebony interior. I have noticed quite a few on E-bay from dealers brand new at very reasonable prices, better than what I paid. Well anyway ladies and gents....Please keep a watchful eye on your BEAUTIFUL SSR'S and I pray it never happens to anyone else.
Damn that is a real bummer! Sounds like the work of an Ex. On the up side, however,.. it sounds to me like you could get another one fairly cheaply.

·
Registered
349 Posts
A serious problem in our country today is that there is very little deterrent to these types of crimes, along with identity theft and other hard-to-catch-the-perp type crimes.

My answer is to shoot the bastards when they are caught. Publicize it for all to see. The guy who did it is some low life who is worth less than a cockroach anyway. There is no better deterrent than this. :mad

·
Registered
217 Posts
"The Police have naturally no idea who or why". They have an idea just can not prove it.
In the end You make out. Maybe a 2005 with 90 more hp and six speed, and $10,000 or more in you pocket. :seeya

S

·
0 Posts
TLMSSR04 said:
Sorry for your misfortune. Unfortunately,they're alot of POS's out there who don't give a you know what about anyone or anything.
My misfortune is that finances are forcing the sale of my 05 smokin asphalt SSR 6 Speed.
(something I thought would never happen)
The car is located in Richboro PA.(about a 1/2 hour no.of Philly)
If you or any one else is interested,Please E-Mail me at [email protected]
Again...sorry for your misfortune......Paul

·
Registered
189 Posts
Unbelievable

TLMSSR04:

I am so sorry to hear that this has happened to you. There are people in this world that will destroy something just because they are jealous :cuss I wish you god speed in locating and purchasing another :ssr

My Best,

Rob

·
Registered
70 Posts
Holy Crap!!! That is horrible! Hopefully your insurance company won't jack you around.... Good luck with the search for a new one....

Hopefully the rest of your holiday season will go much better.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Mcvette

I have had your nightmare and sad days 6 times before with 5 Corvettes and 1 409 Chevy.stolden All the striped and distroyed. The part that pissed me off the most was the fact the National Auto theft bureau,thought I did it . :ssr

·
Registered
480 Posts
:) I am sorry that this happened to you. It speaks of the society we live in today. Take your insurance money, and as you suggested buy another one and enjoy the lower prices. Keep in mind that the truck is only a thing and can be replaced by another thing. While it's a nice truck, it is still only a truck and when compared to your wonderful family, this thing we have grown attached to, pales in comparison.

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,208 Posts
Uh Marc??

You missed the General discussion thread by one section.

OOPPPS!!

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
TLMSSR04 said:
My Dealer here in Chicago has a brand new Black 05 sitting on the show room floor give him a call before the rebates gow away. 630 986 8000

1 - 20 of 45 Posts