Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Worked out some simple improvements for the sunvisors that improves the many complaints about the angle of the visor and the need for and extension when swung to the side window.

Through much trial and error I have come up with a spacer that will install under the Visor mount that changes the angle of the visor to more horizontal when swung to the window, still lines up with the retainer clip on the header and uses the OEM screws to install. Installation requires removal of three screws, unclip wire connector slip on spacer, reconnect connector, reinstall three screws.

I also have made a simple sun shade extension that can be mounted on the back of the visor over the "Idiot" Stickers that will slide out to cover the entire length of the side window to keep the sun off your face. It is made of black ABS and can be mounted with double sided 3M tape to the back of the sun visor. This will not interfere with the vanity mirrors like some of the commercially available ones that strap around the visor. I'm working on a ABS clip as an option for those that do not want to permanently mount these to the visor. This will be an option if wanted because over time the clips loosen and then using the extension will become a two handed operation.

I have ordered the materials to make a large batch of the shades and materials to cast the spacers from black urethane resin.

I have been working with Mike Moro who sent me a few Cadillac Visors that he acquired from Floyd Baileys collection to practice with and I will be providing the finished kits to Mike to add to his website.

They will be available as a kit with two spacers and two shade extensions with instructions.
Buyers will be able to customize their shades on their own by ordering stickers from QWKSSR like the ones that cover the Idiot stickers.
Mike and I will work out reasonable pricing for these kits. I have kept these as simple as possible to make sure they are affordable as well as functional.
We should have these available in a few months.

Also if your sun visor Swivel is loose and wont stay in place when swung to the window like mine was:
Remove the visor mount and add two drops of Blue Thread locker to the pivot, spin the mount a few times, let dry for an hour and re-install. This will add just enough resistance to hold the visor in place even with the top down.

See Pictures
Greg

Attachments

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,457 Posts
Should be interesting and useful. Will be watching for the Release Announcement.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,775 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2006 Automatic
862 Posts
SIGN ME UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll take one for each side.

Also, how are the mud flaps coming, I am waiting for those to make the final approval step.

Please keep up the great work.

Thanks Greg and Mike!

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mud guards are on hold until I can find a reasonable way to make them in low volume. Can’t justify making 500 of them!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts