Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the SSR have the same fuel door and opening size (internal and external) as the Trailblazer?

As you probably know by now I have a fatal attraction to overengineered precision works of art.
This company (I am not affiliated) is off the scale when it comes to fuel doors (check out their VIP area, unbelievable).
They have fuel doors for Trailbazers for sale in Japan and can supply here in the US but I am trying to research the fuel door on our SSRs, figuring that it is probably an off the shelf item shared with the Envoy.Trailblazer.

Who wins the prize (I figure you have to be a really sick SSR nut to know this one)?

http://fueldoors.com/about.htm

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Ok Ok Ok. I'm sold. I've been buying so much for my 06 Black Tie I might as well buy something else. Thanks for the find.

:smash :smash :smash​

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know that I love you 66 like a sister, but, have you looked at how they design and produce these fuel doors? All Sales is like a Yugo. Pro-fit is like a z06 Vette in comparison. The Pro-fit has a patent on its door mechanism. The difference in money is significant. The design and engineering is the "best of" product.
Does anybody have an answer to the question?

·
RetroCarGuy530
1,620 Posts
I have one of the AMI (AllSales Manufacturing) fuel doors on my 05 Ricochet Silver SSR with chrome wheels. I have part # 6095CL (Chrome / Locking). It looks great and functions very well. In fact AMI is located about three miles from my house. I didn't know that until I received my fuel door where it lists their address in Shingle Springs, CA.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I am just not a big fan of the chrome look! Thats just me! I think if anyone wants it , likes it, they should get it!

·
Retired GM Program Manager/ Chief SSR Engineer
549 Posts
The door is different because the surface of the metal is a different shape. The diameter is the same. If you put an mechanically styled, engineered part in as a replacement, the shape of the surface probably won't matter.

·
Aqua Blur SSR Pit Crew
337 Posts
Shiftz - where did you buy your chrome fuel door? I've been to their site and it appears that they don't take orders direct. thanx
shiftz33 said:
I have one of the AMI (AllSales Manufacturing) fuel doors on my 05 Ricochet Silver SSR with chrome wheels. I have part # 6095CL (Chrome / Locking). It looks great and functions very well. In fact AMI is located about three miles from my house. I didn't know that until I received my fuel door where it lists their address in Shingle Springs, CA.

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Trailblazer gas door

I put an aftermarket chrome Trailblazer fuel door on my SSR. You have to drill a couple of holes to make it fit, but it looks just fine. Cost about $30 at Advance Auto Parts and is just fine after a year of use.

Texster68

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Trailblazer fuel door pics

MauiMike said:
Tex, pictures please!
Mike,

Here are some pictures of the gas door. Sorry I was too lazy to wash the car before taking pictures. It looks better when it is clean. On the picuture with the door open, you can barely see two bolts. This is where I had to drill holes in the lip to attach the fuel door. All the other screws around the perimeter are cosmetic.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Tex: Just curious, are you the famous "Tex" airbrusher, pin stripper that used to be in Chesapeake, VA.? He did some amazingly awesome stuff and everyone here just raves about his work. I've never met him but sure would like too.:jester

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
cruzned said:
Tex: Just curious, are you the famous "Tex" airbrusher, pin stripper that used to be in Chesapeake, VA.? He did some amazingly awesome stuff and everyone here just raves about his work. I've never met him but sure would like too.:jester
Not that I know of, but if you'll let me practice on your SSR, I'd like to learn. :jester

Texster68

1 - 17 of 17 Posts