Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have resurrected and improved a system originated by Lloger a while back. It is a strip of RED LEDs that fills the slot between the tailgate and the rear bumper.
To show it off I have made a primitive video. I will be bringing these to Branson FOR SALE at $40 per set + $8 shipping (may change with time) for 1 or two sets in U.S.A. I would like to know how much interest there will be so I know how many to bring.
Feedback appreciated. Apparently I have no control over what follows my video.
For video click here

(EDIT: Shipping is $8.50 as of 1/30/20 courtesy of USPS)

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not going to Branson, but I want a set! I'm ok with paying shipping and handling. How difficult is installation?
Installation is a splice in the brake/turn signal line on each side behind the tail lights. The splices are included along with the instructions. Shipping is one USPS small flat rate box. I do not use Paypal so payment is check or USPS Money order.

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Is this compatible with Joshvette's complete led light set for the SSR? If it is, I will take a set at Branson.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do not see any reason it would not be compatible. It is just a parallel connection to the tail light units. I have LEDs in my tail lights and it works fine, but I will try to contact Josh to see if there is anything I should be aware of and if there is I will make it clear one way or the other. Thanks for bringing it up.
Dwight

·
Premium Member
2005 Ricochet Silver
1,000 Posts
Installation is a splice in the brake/turn signal line on each side behind the tail lights. The splices are included along with the instructions. Shipping is one USPS small flat rate box. I do not use Paypal so payment is check or USPS Money order.
No worries! Where do I send the check, what is the total billing, and to whom is it made out? THANK YOU!

·
MY05SSR
588 Posts
Why couldn't you make a plug to fit trailer plug that is already there?

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Why couldn't you make a plug to fit trailer plug that is already there?
You can do that. The trailer plug is not already there in many cases because the owner has not retrieved the wires and added the connector. It would also mean that you would not have the trailer connector for use if needed or would have to swap between. Something else to remember when unhooking the trailer. Also, the wiring runs to both sides so routing would become an issue during installation.

·
Trygodfirst
2006 FPR SSR PAC BLUE AUTOMATIC
1,343 Posts
I have resurrected and improved a system originated by Lloger a while back. It is a strip of RED LEDs that fills the slot between the tailgate and the rear bumper.
To show it off I have made a primitive video. I will be bringing these to Branson FOR SALE at $40 per set. I would like to know how much interest there will be so I know how many to bring.
Feedback appreciated. Apparently I have no control over what follows my video.
For video click here
Very nice

1 - 20 of 134 Posts