Chevy SSR Forum banner

61 - 80 of 130 Posts

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Update, after a message from Quicksilver I thought I'd add a bit to this thread. The weatherstrip between the tailgate and the sill may impact the exposure of the LEDs to the rear. The tailgate weatherstrip on my SSR only hung a bit lower on the right side, the left side needed no adjustment. What I saw on mine was that if I placed the LEDs towards the very rear of the sill (aligned to the rear edge), that the weatherstrip would clear the LEDs, but the LEDs would be much more visible and apparent when not in use. I adhered the LEDs up against the plastic sill plate towards the front of the sill, and my weatherstrip only partially blocked the rightmost couple of inches of LEDs. With the LEDs installed, and the tailgate closed, I used a razor knife to very carefully cut off the excess weatherstrip that was blocking the LEDs. I didn't cut too high as I still want the weatherstrip to touch, cover and wipe the upperside of the LED strip with the tailgate closed. Images below.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Thanks for the pointers Carl. I have noticed that some of the weather strips have an issue staying tight to the bottom of the tailgate. Not sure why that is but there may be a better way to fix it than cutting the edge.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #64 (Edited)
The "conversation" is the best way to communicate on the site with some one you do not know. It let's you know who you are talking to and lets them know as well. It also means that the time zones and people's work hours are respected.

Mail a check or USPS money Order for $48.50 to:
Dwight Morgan
1966 Paloma St
Pasadena, CA 91104

and when I get it I will mail the LEDs with instructions that day or the next and send you tracking information here so you will know when they should arrive.
Thanks for your business.
Dwight

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Back to the top. Thanks for all the purchases.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Back to the top

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
I like it Dwight! I'll take one at Branson. I think I like the pig tail set up also. I'm sure someone will be showing how to install it... 😉

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I think the instructions are pretty good. Only had one call to question me and that took less than 2 minutes.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #71

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
In keeping with my habit of procrastinating , I have waited to order these till last call. They look good and are cheap insurance to keep drivers from "zoning out" and hitting us from behind !!
Put me down for two sets.
On the list

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Dwight, if you are bring sets to Branson, please reserve a set for me, thanks in advance .
Bob
Got you on the list. See you there.
Dwight

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Didn't install mine yet, do I need to change out the flasher for the LED's
No, They are just a slight additional load and your current flasher will work just fine.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
PM (conversation sent with address and cost. Will mail after I receive check and I get home from Branson.

61 - 80 of 130 Posts