Chevy SSR Forum banner

101 - 120 of 130 Posts

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Got a compliment on mine when I got my truck inspected today. The inspector said they looked really clean.
That is good to hear. Thanks.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #102 (Edited)
FOR SALE at $40 per set + $8.50 shipping for 1 or two sets in U.S.A. I
Many Happy Customers.
For video click here
Apparently I have no control over what follows my video. Sorry about that!

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Bump

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #104 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
I have resurrected and improved a system originated by Lloger a while back. It is a strip of RED LEDs that fills the slot between the tailgate and the rear bumper.
To show it off I have made a primitive video. I will be bringing these to Branson FOR SALE at $40 per set + $8.50 shipping for 1 or two sets in U.S.A. I would like to know how much interest there will be so I know how many to bring.
Feedback appreciated. Apparently I have no control over what follows my video.
For video click here

Shipping is $8.50 for one or two sets in USA,
do you still sell the lights if so where do i send the money

·
Registered
25 Posts
do you still sell the lights if so where do i send the money
I have resurrected and improved a system originated by Lloger a while back. It is a strip of RED LEDs that fills the slot between the tailgate and the rear bumper.
To show it off I have made a primitive video. I will be bringing these to Branson FOR SALE at $40 per set + $8.50 shipping for 1 or two sets in U.S.A. I would like to know how much interest there will be so I know how many to bring.
For video click here

Shipping is $8.50 for one or two sets in USA,
I'll take a set.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #108

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Well, the post office is at it again and the rates have gone up so the shipped price is now $40 each + $8.50 shipping for one or two sets!

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Hello BlueStreak - all my "honey do" items completed, done with dr visits for the time being, garage cleaned out and recented so I know where everything is...and now I am ready to get back to the installation problems encountered with the light strip. First thing I am going to try is a new set of crimp connectors, never did like those things but cannot figure out a simple replacement. While cleaning the garage I found an unoppened box of connectors so I am going to try and figure out where I went wrong, will keep you posted, in the meantime if you have any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong - such a simple installation cannot figure why when connect together...nothing. Anyway, tomorrow is the day, I will have lights by the end of the day.
Thanks again Blue...
Don

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Before you get too industrious, when you get the old crimps off try touching the red wire to the + and the black wire to the - on a 9vdc battery. If they do not light reverse the wires and try again. if that still does not work give me a call and we will get them replaced. I have only had one failure that I know of and I caught that before it left the house but anything is possible. I can't imagine I had two failure in the same set.
Dwight 626-825-1966.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Thank you Dwight, will do and will get back to you with the results...
Great. I am at Disneyland today but will be home this evening PST.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Hello Dwight - as I thought, nothing wrong with your LEDs, work perfectly with the 9v battery. Ran out of time and weather yesterday, one of today's projects to determine why nothing the first time around. I found three wires (left side) in the black plastic protective cover - black, brown, and yellow/black, which, according to your directions should be the hot wire, black negative - any idea about the brown wire? Will proceed accourding to your written directions, new clips should do the trick.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Hello Dwight - as I thought, nothing wrong with your LEDs, work perfectly with the 9v battery. Ran out of time and weather yesterday, one of today's projects to determine why nothing the first time around. I found three wires (left side) in the black plastic protective cover - black, brown, and yellow/black, which, according to your directions should be the hot wire, black negative - any idea about the brown wire? Will proceed accourding to your written directions, new clips should do the trick.
Brown should be the tail light. You should not need to connect to that.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
To show it off I have made a primitive video. I will be bringing these to Branson FOR SALE at $40 per set + $8 shipping for 1 or two sets in U.S.A. I would like to know how much interest there will be so I know how many to bring.
For video click here

(EDIT: Shipping is $8.50 as of 1/30/20 courtesy of USPS)
I got a set in Branson from you, installed them today look great!

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
I am just thrilled that a majority of you are happy with my product. So far we only have one failed set and the owner has agreed that the problem is not with the product but has not figured out why it does not work on his truck.
If these keep one truck from getting rear-ended by attracting the attention of a distracted driver, we have all done our job.

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
1,545 Posts
As a note for @DrDJ , I initially tried hooking both connectors in the loom as well to no avail. Eventually I simply connected the hot wire as noted in the instructions and then grounded to lower valance connector. So I only used one red connector on each side. Hopefully this helps.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
As a note for @DrDJ , I initially tried hooking both connectors in the loom as well to no avail. Eventually I simply connected the hot wire as noted in the instructions and then grounded to lower valance connector. So I only used one red connector on each side. Hopefully this helps.
Hello Firetruck - thank you for the information, will try - hate to sound as stupid as I am sometimes, which is the "lower valance connector", should I assume it is below the area where I am splicing the wires?
Don

101 - 120 of 130 Posts