Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2003 SSR had all three back lights go out on the A/C control box. I pulled the three strange looking bulbs and went to my two local Chevy dealers for replacement. I was told by both dealers that the bulbs were not replaceable and I needed to buy a whole new A/C Control unit to get the new bulbs. Imagine my surprise at this answer so I wrote GM describing this ludicrous option. Well, GM sent me a canned reply that I will have to work with a local dealer and referred me back to the two dealers I had dismissed as being totally SSR unaware. It seems my only option is to take it in and have the A/C control unit replaced under warranty.

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, had they found an aftermarket bulb that would work?

Dorsey

Tucson, AZ

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Wally,

Unfortunately the bulbs do not have a number. They are small bulbs in a long plastic tube. I have searched for any that look like them but unable to find. I will take a picture and try to post them. It amazes me that GMC is taking such a cavalier attitude about this. The bulbs are removable but they claim it is a all or nothing item

Thanks,

Dorsey

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.