Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the member looking for OEM SSR tail lights. On the SSR that I'm building for Leno, I will be frenching in twin 59 Cadillac tail lights on each side. Will have OEM lights available that I remove for sale soon, if that works for you.
JC

·
Registered
20 Posts
For the member looking for OEM SSR tail lights. On the SSR that I'm building for Leno, I will be frenching in twin 59 Cadillac tail lights on each side. Will have OEM lights available that I remove for sale soon, if that works for you.
JC
That would be me. Let ne know. Thanks, Eric. (Bigblur)

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
i would be interested in the male plug the bub plugs into if Eric doesnt need the plug. I installed custom frenched lites and need the bulb plug end to plug into the cars harness.

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts
i would be interested in the male plug the bub plugs into if Eric doesnt need the plug. I installed custom frenched lites and need the bulb plug end to plug into the cars harness.
Here is what I did. Used some shade tree Engineering. Made a pattern of the socket ears. Got a cap from a spray paint can. Cut the pattern out of the cap. Cut a hole in the bucket the size of the cap. Trimmed the cap to the length you need. Glued cap in bucket. May be able to cut pattern directly into the bucket. But I needed some height because of my spider bulbs.
IMG_20200511_065539950.jpg
IMG_20200511_065521162_MP.jpg
IMG_20200511_065556664.jpg
IMG_20200511_065704285_MP.jpg
IMG_20200511_065758795.jpg
IMG_20200512_104337824_MP.jpg

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Love your creativity. My kind of guy. The tail lite conversion portion of the truck build will be coming up shortly. Am installing twin aftermarket LED 59 Cad lights, frenched, on each side. At this point, I have no idea of which existing electrical parts I will need to make switch happen. I'll keep you posted when conversion completed on what components are left over. Right now, my priority is to get the sheet metal frenched area finished and painted.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Here is what I did. Used some shade tree Engineering. Made a pattern of the socket ears. Got a cap from a spray paint can. Cut the pattern out of the cap. Cut a hole in the bucket the size of the cap. Trimmed the cap to the length you need. Glued cap in bucket. May be able to cut pattern directly into the bucket. But I needed some height because of my spider bulbs. View attachment 591204 View attachment 591205 View attachment 591206 View attachment 591207 View attachment 591208 View attachment 591209
Great idea !!! So... how do you anchor the new housing to the fender ?

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very similar. Where your's are mounted vertical, I'm going horizontal. I feel mounting horizontal, it will make truck appear wider. Your's look great. I really like your roll pan. Am planning same plus installing Pete & Jake's California Kid knerf bars. Am mounting Corvette style four tube exhaust pipes centered below icense plate. What kind of wheels are you running? Nice truck.
JC

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Very similar. Where your's are mounted vertical, I'm going horizontal. I feel mounting horizontal, it will make truck appear wider. Your's look great. I really like your roll pan. Am planning same plus installing Pete & Jake's California Kid knerf bars. Am mounting Corvette style four tube exhaust pipes centered below icense plate. What kind of wheels are you running? Nice truck.
JC
Sounds very cool - look forward to seeing it! I built this truck in 2006, another Fanatic "**** and Donna" owns it now. I ran 20" and 22" Colorado Customs - on my other SSR I ran 20" and 22" Boyds, I liked that look a lot too. Building for Jay Leno - doesn't get any better than that! Post pics...
ssr.diva.JPG
100_1467.JPG

1 - 9 of 9 Posts