Chevy SSR Forum banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
ron dickson

i just had my fan temps adjusted by a tuner, as the weather has lessened here in fla i felt my truck was running too!! cold. the range was 170-185 it now is 185-200 i have driven the car 500 miles since the change looks like it will be ok. the thermostat is a 160, the turner works all temp changes with the program/fans. from chevy the fans turn off at 35MPH. my truck runs 500+hp in the front and it will gain 15 degrees over a 500 mile trip. the point is when you run a intercooler with a blower, or take along trip you are close to the max capabilityof the stock components

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
ron dickson said:
i just had my fan temps adjusted by a tuner,

OK Ron, thanks for sharing your good news story! But, now you've got our attention! HA! Now we need details?
What tuner? OEM or aftermarket? Easy to use or a professional needed to run it? Etc.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Running hot

melodymaker said:
i was wondering if anybody out there has found a way to

having same problem when in traffic w/o air on temp goes to 240, have to turn ac on to get fan working . It then will run at 200

·
Registered
154 Posts
Don't Trust GM Warranty

GM does make mistakes or else there would not be TECH Builtins. If you think it's to hot, then watch it close. A steady temp should be the goal here. Do what it takes to run at 198 all the time. 240 is to dam hot in VEGAS I could not beleive that my manual said to turn on the heater if it gets too hot while towing.Your SSR will melt after the warranty is up. Long duration overheat and hot soke will tear up a good machine.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts