Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The more that I look at the SSR roofline with the top up, the more that I wonder
how cool it would look with a see through tinted glass or lexan top. Not just the top
section, but the whole thing. Just picture an updated version of the 53-55 Corvette
MPC "helicopter" bubble top. :ssr

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Mueggelhopper said:
The more that I look at the SSR roofline with the top up, the more that I wonder
how cool it would look with a see through tinted glass or lexan top. Not just the top
section, but the whole thing. Just picture an updated version of the 53-55 Corvette
Man I think that is the coolest idea yet. I wonder could you take the top sections and have lexan tops formed and all the proper hinges and everything else made to fit so that the top would still seal. Also the top would have a dark smoked tint. It would be tuff to do the first one but man would it be sick. Whats the name of that company that makes the top mechanisims in Michigan? APC or something. I bet for the right price they'd form one for you.

·
Premium Member
31,256 Posts
Not sure you could do it by replacing the movable sections as they're quite well re-inforced to keep from flexing.

Now, pop-top removable like on a "conventional" convertible top might work. (where the convertible top is folded down and the hard top is clamped on top in its place). If you're willing to forgo the auto top for a while, this could be something that replaces flip up storage area lid, clamps in place and gives you that "open air" feeling for those times of the year where it's not practical (rain, cold weather, extremely hot weather, etc).

Seems like it might be a lot of work for either scenario, but it would make for a unique truck!

Oh, the company is ASC - American Specialty Cars (www.ascglobal.com).

·
Registered
374 Posts
Mueggelhopper said:
http://www.vetteweb.com/features/0403vet_55bubble/

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Mueggelhopper said:
I like where you're gpoing with idea. I would definately like a feaure along those lines.
:ssr

1 - 5 of 5 Posts