Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been moving it around a lot this past year. It went on the back burner for the past 9 months. Put a single axle to reduce weight. With the firewall, It's now front heavy. I am thinking of using the gas tank area for water and a pump. Nice shower/rinse. and it distributes the weight. The transmission area may work for the butane.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,022 Posts
Just curious. What is it going to be when finished? A utility trailer or a camper??? Cool idea.

Reactions: Railroad Guy

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,438 Posts
Can't wait to see the final product but feel free to keep teasing us as things progress! 😉

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
L00King good....cannot wait to see the final product, what an exciting undertaking...

·
Premium Member
5,846 Posts
That is cool. I'd be concerned that a mother-in-law would want a seat put in the front part to tag along.🤣😂🤣😂.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just curious... what do you figure the tongue weight will be when it's finished?
Not sure yet. The tongue still needs to be modified and extended at least a foot. The chassis is light. It is from an S-10 and the live-rear-axle has been removed with a single axle. I have to still weigh the trailer but it definitely will be under 2500 lbs.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here is this weeks project. I am really happy with the communication the metalist and I have. He is in tune with the finished vision. It doesn't look too great right now but I would say within a month, it will start showing visual results. SSR_rightside_seal.JPG SSR_right_front_full.JPG
If you notice, he is working along a curvature that goes from the side of the body, around the front part as well. It just is in the starting point and the whole picture can't be seen right now. The lines along the doors are great and they open and close with a touch. The inside is being sealed and I will have plenty of storage space when the floor is put in. Just really happy with the way it is going.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts