Here are more pictures from today. The floor prototype is being worked on and then later the real floor. The entire interior will be sprayed with Raptor protectant liner before the real floor is put in. I'm really happy with the owner of the shop. Business is slow and he has time to take on the project.
I took the tonneau cover and brackets to the shop today. I was able to sneak a quick picture to show it from further away. I decided to pass on the Raptor liner. I am going to be sleeping in there and wouldn't want to inhale any chemicals. But it is sealed with silicone. The floor is getting done and the rear exterior is getting rubbed down.
Things are coming along. Extra clips and bolts are on order. Overall, progress seems slower than expected but that is what happens when it gets to the details. Positioning of the lift brackets for the roof is taking some thought. Looking at several options for their location. Also, the top of the doors will need to be fitted to match the lines of the trailer.
They are working very meticulously at the details. I know how hard those things are. Not much that can be noticed up front for pictures but by next month, things should show more visible progress.
In the meantime, I thought I'd share my many DIY prototype concepts. Which I personally call my expensive mistakes. It has been a long haul. Running into many roadblocks along the way. Running out of money and having to park it in the garage. Coming up with another idea and then only to find out it was wrong. I went to many craftsman and many did not see the idea. Many would not take on the build. Some would say a mini Winnebago would be more practical. But it looks like I finally found the right people. It was a good opportunity for them and it was opportunity for me.
They are working on the rain drip rails along the rear area between the tonneau and aft of the doors. A lot of detail is being done to prevent rain from coming in when the pop up is extended. The build is about 80% complete.
Hey all, it's been quite a while since I have posted any pictures. Sorry for the delay but I don't want to publish any of them until the top is done. It is a lot more detail than I thought and so a lot more labor and time involved. I do promise to post as soon as that section is finished. Rust.