Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Here are more pictures from today. The floor prototype is being worked on and then later the real floor. The entire interior will be sprayed with Raptor protectant liner before the real floor is put in. I'm really happy with the owner of the shop. Business is slow and he has time to take on the project.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I took the tonneau cover and brackets to the shop today. I was able to sneak a quick picture to show it from further away. I decided to pass on the Raptor liner. I am going to be sleeping in there and wouldn't want to inhale any chemicals. But it is sealed with silicone. The floor is getting done and the rear exterior is getting rubbed down. IMG_2311.JPG

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
3,156 Posts
Will the top be hinged on come up on all sides like a pop up camper?

·
Spirited driver!
1,809 Posts
That is very cool. I love the concept.

·
Premium Member
2,703 Posts
Just stumbled on to this - very creative project and nicely executed! Looking forward to the finished product!

Reactions: rust

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
28,992 Posts
We will have to plan a coming out party when the time comes. We have a great group of SoCal Nuts that I am sure would love to see it.

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Things are coming along. Extra clips and bolts are on order. Overall, progress seems slower than expected but that is what happens when it gets to the details. Positioning of the lift brackets for the roof is taking some thought. Looking at several options for their location. Also, the top of the doors will need to be fitted to match the lines of the trailer.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 · (Edited)
They are working very meticulously at the details. I know how hard those things are. Not much that can be noticed up front for pictures but by next month, things should show more visible progress.

In the meantime, I thought I'd share my many DIY prototype concepts. Which I personally call my expensive mistakes. It has been a long haul. Running into many roadblocks along the way. Running out of money and having to park it in the garage. Coming up with another idea and then only to find out it was wrong. I went to many craftsman and many did not see the idea. Many would not take on the build. Some would say a mini Winnebago would be more practical. But it looks like I finally found the right people. It was a good opportunity for them and it was opportunity for me. IMG_0779.JPG IMG_0718.JPG IMG_0162.JPG IMG_0103.JPG IMG_0111.JPG IMG_2104.JPG IMG_2053.JPG IMG_1968.JPG

Attachments

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Hey all, it's been quite a while since I have posted any pictures. Sorry for the delay but I don't want to publish any of them until the top is done. It is a lot more detail than I thought and so a lot more labor and time involved. I do promise to post as soon as that section is finished. Rust.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts