Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought it yesterday....03 with 10K. Anyone know of a tuner for SSR's in the DFW area?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No But If I Were You...

...I would take the time to make an appointment and drive about 240 miles south to Allen Nelson and let him put it on the Dyno and tune it.
He is one of the best in the nation. If you do not want to drive, call him for a mail order tune. He is the man! I wish I lived closer.

Nelson Performance, LLC
25136 Rawhide
San Antonio, TX 78264
PHONE: (210) 626-0278

[email protected]

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
I believe that Lingenfelter does SSRs now. They have a shop innorth Dallas, just off the North Dallas Tollway. I have no idea of their pricing or reputation.

I will be posting soon the results of my latest mods done at MTI Racing in Atlanta this past week. The results were spectacular.

Jim G

·
Registered
340 Posts
JimGnitecki said:
I believe that Lingenfelter does SSRs now. They have a shop innorth Dallas, just off the North Dallas Tollway. I have no idea of their pricing or reputation.

I will be posting soon the results of my latest mods done at MTI Racing in Atlanta this past week. The results were spectacular.

Jim G
A big Hot Rodder like you dosen't know Lingenfelter reputation ? They forgot more about Chevy's than most people know !

TOM

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lpe??

I was taking my vette there before I sold it. They tune SSR's??

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RocDoc said:
Just bought it yesterday....03 with 10K. Anyone know of a tuner for SSR's in the DFW area?
I've PM'd you...we do SSR tunes.

--Brian

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
Topdat55: I know LIngenfelter is great on Corvettes, but am not sure what their expertise or experience level is on SSRs. SSRs need different treatment.

Jim G

·
Registered
340 Posts
JimGnitecki said:
Topdat55: I know LIngenfelter is great on Corvettes, but am not sure what their expertise or experience level is on SSRs. SSRs need different treatment.

Jim G
They built , if I remember right, 20, 2003 SSR's. They were Red & White
two tone & had twin turbochargers. I can't tell you what happened to the SSR's , however I have seen a couple for sale over the last couple years.

As far as the SSR needing different treatment, I've never heard of the likes . Company's that are in the business of building racing engines could soup up a lawnmower to a , yes your SSR & beyond. You don't have to be a Rocket Scientist to build a SSR engine !

TOM

·
Registered
10,950 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
River Walk in the Spring??

therock said:
...I would take the time to make an appointment and drive about 240 miles south to Allen Nelson and let him put it on the Dyno and tune it.
He is one of the best in the nation. If you do not want to drive, call him for a mail order tune. He is the man! I wish I lived closer.

Nelson Performance, LLC
25136 Rawhide
San Antonio, TX 78264
PHONE: (210) 626-0278

[email protected]
I've always wanted to visit the River Walk in San Antonio anyway!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts