Chevy SSR Forum banner

SSR Under Hood blanket and tailgate letters solid 6061 aluminum

20K views 69 replies 37 participants last post by  Dragon2U 
#1 · (Edited)
I have made up some 6061 aluminum SSR letters for under hood for blanket and tailgate.

You can get them polished, satin finished, painted R or just raw metal so you can do what you want. I will not do specific colors on the S or R or do any chrome. Just brushed or polished S and brushed, polished or red R or all raw metal.

Large Letters - Hood blanket
Painted, polished or satin - $70 a set
Raw metal - $50 a set

Small Letters - Tailgate sized
Painted, polished or satin - $55
Raw metal - $40

Please reply or send a PM if interested.

1. Large (hood blanket), small (tailgate), polished and satin
2. Tailgate with new letters
3. Compare new aluminum with old plastic
4. Another small letter compare, top raw, middle plastic and bottom polished and painted.

? Add your location on Fanatic PINMAP and locate others
Electronic Repairs - Speedometer, brake, window, fuse box, stereo, etc Polished Billet Accessories

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I would also like to purchase an underhood set- polished SS and red R. Please Send PM with address for payment or PayPal. Thank you.

-John. :yellow:

I have made up some 6061 aluminum SSR letters for under hood for blanket and tailgate.

You can get them polished, satin finished, painted R or just raw metal so you can do what you want. I will not do specific colors on the S or R or do any chrome. Just brushed or polished S and brushed, polished or red R or all raw metal.

Large Letters
Painted, polished or satin - $60 a set
Raw metal - $45 a set

Small Letters
Painted, polished or satin - $50
Raw metal - $35

I have 5 sets of small letters and 3 sets of larger ones left but can make more. Please reply or send a PM if interested.

And yes, I know that the upper left S in the picture is sitting wrong, I will flip it and take the picture again :cheers

#18 ·
Take hood liner down. Use clear silicone sealer. Let dry for 24 hours. Put liner back.

Have had letters in place for a year and four months.....no problem. :59:
============
David :black:
:agree I have used Permatex black silicone adhesive (not the gasket maker) on several R's and it has never failed. What is nice about using the silicone is that you can take the letters off if you ever need to in the future and not damage the liner..

#22 ·
Try this

I left the blanket in place, used silly cone, placed several towels on top of the engine and lowered the hood on them until they set.
Caution! on mine the extra weight caused the blanket to sag and it rubbed a spot on the engine insert. If you add one more attachment to the blanket just below the SSR in the hood it holds it up.
Drill carefully! :eek

#28 ·

Raw metal - $45 a set

Raw metal - $35

Dragon2U...please send 6061 polished SSR letters Hood Blanket @$60.00/set
Please let me know how I can pay you for them. My e-mail address is
MABaird21@bellsouth.net. Thanks, George

#31 ·

PLEASE NOTE, AT THIS TIME I AM OUT OF ALL LETTERS. Please view post #33 on page 2 for more info.

Raw metal - $45 a set

Raw metal - $35

I HAVE MIKES LETTERS AND THEY ARE VERY HIGH QUALITY AND REALLY LOOK AWESOME,I THINK EVERY SSR SHOULD HAVE MIKE'S LETTERSwoohoowoohoo

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.