Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got back from the State Fair where the Chevy American Revolution road tour had a large display. Got to see the Aqua Blurrrrrr for the SSR and the Bermuda Blue on the Tahoe(same color)
:eek :eek :eek :eek

Not my cup of tea, But if you like dark dark green/purple blahhh this is for you. I will go out on a limb and predict that this may be the least ordered color on the SSR. In fact it may be ordered less than the Aztec Gold was on the Corvette.

Some other info I got from a very connected GM person at the display.

:( The hood strut retrofit for the 2003/2004 SSr will not be an easy one it requires the upper end brackets to be riveted to the hood. this requires the hood to have the holes in a formed area in the underside.
The person at the display said the 2003 SSR (#351) that was on display had the hood rod broken at least 6 times over the past 6 months, almost injuring several people. He also stated that GM was well aware of the problem and was aware of all the complaints that have been filed with the NHTSA. That why they developed the hood struts as a solution. The fix for the 2003/2004 SSR may very well require that GM install a new hood along with the struts.....................But the word on the struts is that if the hood is up for over an hour or so the fluid drains down and the strut becomes frozen. It takes many up and down moves to get it to close. A new design is in the works.

:skep Another item being worked on is to make the SSR cockpit about 6" to 10" longer. It seems that a number of complaints have come to GM that very tall boys can't fit into the SSR. GM is looking to pushing the roof compartment back into the rear cargo area then make seating area bigger. Word was they want to let at least enough room in the cargo area to fit a set of golf clubs...............Just what is this going to do to the roof line.

:D Another item being considered as an option is a rear deck spoiler. Maybe something like a backdraft spoiler.

:confused The 2005 SSR is to come with a Jack and wheel wrench. Not too usful without a spare???

Why can't the do something that would make people buy one...like make paint colors available in Candy Apple Red, Orange, Bright Blue.....etc. Or maybe even a tutone. But what do I know I am just a customer....why would they listen to me??

·
Registered
218 Posts
Just got back from the State Fair where the Chevy American Revolution road tour had a large display. Got to see the Aqua Blurrrrrr for the SSR and the Bermuda Blue on the Tahoe(same color)
I agree with the :eek on the aqua blur color. (its just not for me)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Im sorry but SSRs need to be bright and bold mayby bright orange or a bright lime green

·
Premium Member
9,217 Posts
Hey, Diamond Jim

I'm with you on the colors - I'd like to get the 6l 6 spd, but I'm waiting for 06 to see what new colors might come around before I swap out my yellow - my vote is for the candy apple, or candy tangerine - what could be more retro on a retro truck? - the blur doesn't do it for me either, and as much as I like the yellow, I'd like the next one to be different.

Someone did a poll some time back, and it seems candy apple was the top choice.

Ray

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Flassh said:
Hey, Diamond Jim

Someone did a poll some time back, and it seems candy apple was the top choice.

Ray

Actually I put up that poll and I believe that Orange and Candy Apple Red were equal. I still think an orange one would be bitchin'!

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Aqua Blur

I believe the SSR would look great in almost any color... and I really think Aqua Blur is a AWESOME color in the sun light! However, when I saw the color at the Chevy SSR Team event at Coney Island in Athens it was under light rain and mostly clouldy skies and the color then seemed to shift around a little.

I was able to see (for the first time) the purple/green hue viewing it straight on and looking just along and over the fender lines.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
SSR Update

At the Dream Cruise in Detroit an SSR Team member said that the kit to retrofit the hood struts could become a recall issue if a few people get whacked. (Hate to see that happen!) He said that the kit as planned included a drill with a collar on it so that one could only penetrate the hood lining to put in the holes for the upper brackets. Then it would be fastened with a self tapping fastener.

He also said that the mid year '05's would have new interior door panels that had map pockets moved forward to allow for more of a recess so you hand can fit your hand in there and operate the power seats controls.

The trouble with these early '03's (#286) is that when they become collector items all these little problems will be what seperates 'em from the rest and gives them character and value. Let's see.... in 40 years I'll be lookin' at the grass from the wrong side.

By the way, who's been picking the colors lately at GM? They already cancelled and replaced the bright (actually no so bright) red on the 2005 Corvette.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts