Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Along side my drive way are three short fence posts. Or rathar, there were three. There's only two now.

The one in the middle used to be in just the right place to catch the door panel as it opened. Yesterday the door got away and banged the post. Luckly not hard enough to do damage, cept to my heart.

This was bad news for the post. A couple of half hitches around the post, a loop into the SSR's trailer hitch, followed by the proper application of horsepower... no more post.
:seeya

M

·
0 Posts
I hope you turn that post into toothpicks, firewood, or chips for the smoker.

R

·
0 Posts
Several years ago, I owned a '99 Miata. It had a limited slip and the more the tires wore down, the easier it would be for me to slide it sideways as I pulled out of my apartment parking lot onto a suburban four-lane divided highway. Although it slid easily on the worn tires, it was never very far and easy to straighten out.

One day, after I washed the car, I wanted to go somewhere in a hurry and hopped in. As I slid sideways onto the four-lane, I'd forgotten that the tires were still a bit wet. I corrected as much as I could, but by that time, the rear-end had almost come completely around. So far that as I began to straighten out, I was no longer on the highway but now traveling on the grass berm to the right of the highway.

The problem was there was a speed-limit sign-post right in the middle of the berm directly in front of me. There was nothing else anywhere around, but this damn speed limit sign that the street department just *had* to have right there.

I had to make a quick choice, either take out the sign or go further to the right and go through a ditch. I knew the sign would definitely screw up the front of the Miata, so I chose the ditch.

I heard a loud 'bang' as the wheels hit the opposite side of the ditch head-on, but that was it. I drove through the grass and back onto the highway (much slower this time). The steering seemed okay with no discernable play.

However, a day or two later, that speed-limit sign mysteriously disappeared... :rant

·
Registered
98 Posts
Nice Post

Sign Post??

More bad humor! :lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts