Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Daily Driver
8,776 Posts
Without ETs, there's no way of telling what's going on. The Corvette could have been running on six cylinders. The SSR could be one of Jerry's twin turbos.

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
All the info is in the video:

The Vette leaves first, but goes RED by .017. The SSR goes 1.84 to 60 ft. The Vette runs 12.954 @ 112.84 mph, while the R goes 12.688 @ 105.22 and takes the win!

·
Daily Driver
8,776 Posts
Pretty sharp, Topspin. I had to go to the youtube site and embiggen it to see where you got that info and still couldn't find it all. :lol

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
All the info is in the video:

The Vette leaves first, but goes RED by .017. The SSR goes 1.84 to 60 ft. The Vette runs 12.954 @ 112.84 mph, while the R goes 12.688 @ 105.22 and takes the win!
I think the .184 is the R/t of the SSR driver. Never seen 60 ft displayed.
Either way, SSR sank the eight on the break, so game over for the Vette.
SSR more than likely has a Maggie, and some sticky tires. 105.22 mph, must of stepped out of it a bit toward the end. My '05 ran 13.2 @ 105 mph, but didn't hook until 330 ft.

I'm thinking the guy in the Vette may have been posting here...http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2320322-corvette-vs-chevy-ssr.html .. back in '09. Arrogant.

·
Registered
325 Posts
There was a lot of arrogance in that thread. They were right about the weight but not about the performance or the center of gravity. My truck is pretty well glued to the road. I would not say it handles like a sports car but it handles decently. It is about due for new suspension bushings and I would like to do roll bars. I have thought about airraid and slamming it a bit. It accelerates with the muscle cars, especially with the 4.56 rear gears and the 6 speed. I have never had a car that pulled and revved to redline as strong as my SSR and that is even without it being blown or boosted. Someday I hope to move from CA and put the long tube headers back on with the racing cats and then add a maggie just for the pure joy of it.

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
7,693 Posts
Agreed Dani. That kind of "arrogant talk" is rather typical of many (not all) Corvette owners. :nerd:

Just think, if they are willing to trash talk about a "cousin" GM Chevrolet product imagine the terms used on Mustangs and Challengers!! :surprise: :cuss. :cuss

==================
David :black:

·
Daily Driver
8,776 Posts
They even trash talk each other, usually not in jest. That's why I got away from the Corvette crowd and hung with the hot rodders.

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
I think the .184 is the R/t of the SSR driver. Never seen 60 ft displayed.
Either way, SSR sank the eight on the break, so game over for the Vette.
SSR more than likely has a Maggie, and some sticky tires. 105.22 mph, must of stepped out of it a bit toward the end. My '05 ran 13.2 @ 105 mph, but didn't hook until 330 ft.

I'm thinking the guy in the Vette may have been posting here...Corvette vs Chevy SSR - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion .. back in '09. Arrogant.
60 ft times are usually shown during test & tune and heads up races, at least at the tracks that I frequent and see on live streaming. During bracket races they use the dial in as one of the four displays and opt out of the 60 ft time.

I'm pretty certain the 1.84 displayed in this video is the 60 ft time for the SSR. A 1.84 reaction time would give the Vette about 15 or 20 car lengths!

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
Point >.184 R/T. It doesn't matter anyway, the Vette and it's owner got their A$$ kicked even with a head start.
Hope to find the SSR owner and shake his/her hand :trophy:
Scoreboard shows the decimal point between the 1 and the 8!

·
Registered
5,218 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
It is hard to make out on the https://jimvideo.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/pet4032.jpg computator at work. :nerd:
Wow! I have not used one of those in ages. Commodore PET, the only computer I know of you could cause actual physical hardware harm by typing in a particular command via the keyboard. You could actually poke in a clock increment value that would cause the system to try to run faster and faster until it burned up and all the magic smoke left it. Because once the magic smoke leaves an electrical component they stop working.

I could see how it would be hard to watch videos on that.
:bwekk::willy:

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
9 Participants
Topspin
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing