Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
I had to google it as well and it says it's got 400 horse power and a 7 speed automatic. that could be the difference right there. I would have thought the SSR would have taken it because of less weight. 2 words my friend Nitrous Oxide. or Super Charger.
Now you are probably going to catch grief from the wife, one thing is all that needs to be said. Drop top.

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
2,919 Posts
My wife's GMC Sierra and it's 420 Hp 6.2 with an 8 speed transmission might get me also. If we ever pair up at a traffic light, I'm revving the engine up real loud and just pretend to go on green... Not going to chance it at a dead stop. Now rolling along together on the highway about 40-45, now that would be a whole new ball game! 😉

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
I had a 71 Camaro with a stock 307 in it that had trouble getting out of its own way. Sitting at a light, a little 67 Chevy II pulls up, he looks over and gives me the nod and about that time the light turned green. He had a stick shift and that car didn't spin a tire it just shot out from the light. I did the best thing I could do, I made a left turn and got as far away from him as I could.

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,155 Posts
There are lots more powerful vehicles on the road today. (Oh well!!) One big thing we have over ALL OF THEM is EXCLUSIVITY!!! -- How many SSRs are on the road now compared with all these "Johnny-come-Latelies"?!?!? !?

Ya' gotta love the curves!! - :love:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Yes like those "Me Too Mustangs'
At cruise ins you hear, "I got one of those", "Me Too!
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE PRE 1973 Mustangs. Had a 71 fastback, 72 Mach 1 and a 73 Mach 1
And looked high and low for a nice 71 just before we bought the Blur. But Mustang people are WEIRD! 2 of them wouldn't take a bank check to sell their car?!?!?!?!?

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
A gear and a tune made my '04 pretty quick for a 5K pound vehicle. But I don't think I can call it fast. But honestly, I'm just fine with that. At my age (68), riding around in a quick and totally unique vehicle is right up my ally. I'll let the stop light racers do there thing (been there, done that). I'll just drive by and smile as they look on with envy.

·
Super Moderator
13,707 Posts
ABSOLUTELY, Mark!!!

"Don't diss the cruisin' in real top-down style" in your very sexy, curvy and unique SSR!! :love:
I would never be good at the drags
Even as a yute I could never bring myself to drop the clutch on my 68 Super Bee - afraid to hear the tinkle crunch crunch.
I always agreed to rolling starts though - never could beat that 70 454 Chevelle LS6 automatic!
With what seem to be our somewhat delicate clutches I am not about to drop this clutch either.

·
BLU SSR
2,489 Posts
I had a Doctors appt this morning and as I was coming home I found myself next to my wife in her QX80. She wanted to race. Her QX80 has a GVW of 7300#. Except for off the line she destroyed me but I sounded better.

fltsfshr
Let me introduce you to a solution you'll get a "charge" out of :
Mr. fltsfshr - meet Mr. Magnuson
Problem solved!!!

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
850 Posts
I had a Doctors appt this morning and as I was coming home I found myself next to my wife in her QX80. She wanted to race. Her QX80 has a GVW of 7300#. Except for off the line she destroyed me but I sounded better.

fltsfshr
Let me introduce you to a solution you'll get a "charge" out of :
Mr. fltsfshr - meet Mr. Magnuson
Problem solved!!!
97C37BCC-5CA3-4CA3-8283-397337FA54A7.jpeg

YES! They are loads of fun.

Full Disclosure: My wife, aka Parnelli, typically “cruises” at a faster average speed than I do.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts