Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If money was no object, I’d pay good amounts of it to install a gooseneck hitch, beef the suspension, and have a tear drop style gooseneck camper designed to match. I have a poorly photoshopped picture of the concept. Any idea how to upload it from a Mobile phone??

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,569 Posts
That Teardrop is a bit larger than my imagination showed me. I think it overpowers the SSR but you could do something a bit smaller and matching paint and have quite a show piece and not have to beef the suspension. Remember the tow weight is mostly based on the hitch capacity. Good luck.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That Teardrop is a bit larger than my imagination showed me. I think it overpowers the SSR but you could do something a bit smaller and matching paint and have quite a show piece and not have to beef the suspension. Remember the tow weight is mostly based on the hitch capacity. Good luck.
Yeah, getting size right in my phones photo shop isn’t easy. I’m thinking a bit smaller too

·
Registered
53 Posts
I read somewherethat the trailer GVW was limited mostly due to the lack of proper cooling for the engine, probably need trans cooler also!

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,569 Posts
Cooling, both engine and transmission, are your truck's Achilles heel.

Yes, shrink it...
Bruce, The lower one is great but the neck is still too long. Need to be able to drop the top without removing the trailer.>:)

·
Registered
292 Posts
To heavy. Would not pull the weight Cooling the engine and transmission would be a big problem. But a nice pipe dream if not anything else !!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts