Chevy SSR Forum banner

SSR washing tip

2K views 21 replies 21 participants last post by  living2be 
#1 ·
If it annoys you that the side mirrors continue to drip and streak after you dry your SSR, try this:

Wash normally and dry the mirrors first. Then push them forward while you dry the rest of the car. This puts the mirrors at an odd angle and the water drains out quickly instead of dripping for an hour. By the time you finish drying the rest of the car, the mirrors have leaked about all they are going to. It's not perfect, but it works better than doing nothing.

Texster68

#7 ·
Just a caution regarding moving the mirrors around. Be very careful! I drove C5 corvettes for 7 years and one of the 'vette mechanics cautioned me about playing with the mirrors too much. Apparently the spring mechanism inside the mirror is made of die-cast metal (read "pot metal") and doesn't tolerate any rough handling.
Apparently if the mechanism breaks it's a real bi*** to repair.
:( :( :( :(

#9 ·
Washing Ssr

TEXSTER68 THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIP ON HOW TO WASH MY SSR....I WANT TO THANK YOU AGAIN FOR THE FRONT AND REAR StabiliSSR.AWESOME PRODUCT THANK YOU:cool

#10 ·
Put cheapy shower caps(like the freebees in hotels) over the mirrors, after you wash and rinse the SSR take off the shower caps and just clean the mirrors with a damp cloth after. Stops the flood coming out of the mirrors as you pull away with you freshly washed SSR.

#15 ·
revet....put down the drill and step away from the SSR ... if you do a search you can nice plastic covers made for I believe it was a C5 vette mirrors that work on the SSR. I have them, use them and they work awesome. Slip them on before you wet down the car and after your finished pop them off. No fuss no muss NO DRILLING!!!!

Coz.

if you do a search I know I posted the links a long time ago like back in October.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.