Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:seeya :seeya :seeya :seeya Corvette drivers recognize each other on the road with a wave. Why not us? Or how about, just to be different from them, we do a thumbs up..or does anyone else have a suggestion. Let's start doing this nationwide! :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs :flag :ssr

·
Registered
740 Posts
FatherLarry said:
:seeya :seeya :seeya :seeya Corvette drivers recognize each other on the road with a wave. Why not us? Or how about, just to be different from them, we do a thumbs up..or does anyone else have a suggestion. Let's start doing this nationwide! :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs :flag :ssr
Everybody gives me the :thumbup I didn't know what to do the first time it happened. :)

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
I'm in an Avalanche truck club and we have changed our Daytime running lights from clear to amber to distinguish members from non-members.
We do need something..... :agree

·
TROUBLE MAKER
568 Posts
Look closer....

dougnc said:
Everybody gives me the :thumbup I didn't know what to do the first time it happened. :)
Are you sure it was their thumb!!!!!! :glol

What is wrong with you people? The only proper thing to do when you see another SSR, is to follow it, until someone pulls over!!! It works all the time for me.... We always pull over or stop where we are, if we are out of traffics way!!!!
In Maryland, I guess you could say we are SSR stalkers!!!! :lol

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Last time I pulled over because someone was following me, I ended up getting married................so I'm kinda "gun" shy when someone is following me :confused

Any other ideas?

·
TROUBLE MAKER
568 Posts
Look at it this way.....

KySSR said:
Last time I pulled over because someone was following me, I ended up getting married................so I'm kinda "gun" shy when someone is following me :confused

Any other ideas?
If you end up married, because you pulled over for an SSR that was following you... You would have 2 SSR's!!! To me that would be great!!!!! :)

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
OK lookin fer someone to give a thumbs up too! On the Garden State Parkway everyday lookin fer another SSR. Did play highway tag with a Viper though.

·
Registered
487 Posts
With 29 SSR's showing up to the Corona event on Saturday....I guess I will be needing to borrow some thumbs.:thumbs :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs

I can put a logo on just about anything you can imagine.

Just check out StepPromos.com

Let me know if you see anything that we can do as a group to distinguish us Fanatics from.....well just people with good taste in cars.

Joe Davis
StepPrinting.com
StepPromos.com

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm still yet to pass another SSR on the road ( moving ). However, I get many waves, headlight flashes, beeps and thumbs up by all kinds of cars. I passed a C-5 Z06 the other day and I flashed him the highbeams and got nothin? Go figure.

Hey, RoadsterJim, there is a car show in Lord Stirling Park up here in Basking Ridge on Sunday the 21st. It starts at 9am and is only $15 clams to enter in. www.flssnj.org It would be nice to meet another SSR owner that lives so close to me.

·
Registered
740 Posts
An SSR's Wife said:

What is wrong with you people? The only proper thing to do when you see another SSR, is to follow it, until someone pulls over!!! It works all the time for me.... We always pull over or stop where we are, if we are out of traffics way!!!!
Actually, I wasn't sure! It was a guy driving a jacked up Ford pickup. I mean it was scary, you know what kind of scary mean-looking people drive Fords!

I mean, does the thumbs up sign mean ok or up yours? :lol

"All very interesting, I hear you cry, but what's there to study about the thumbs-up gesture? Regardless of its origin, doesn't everyone understand the gesture to mean "okay"? Yes, said 738 of the 1,200 Europeans surveyed by Morris and colleagues in a landmark study. But 40 respondents said the thumb aimed heavenward indicated the number 1, another 36 considered it a sexual insult (up, you should pardon the expression, yours), and the rest mentioned hitchhiking. Recognition of the upturned thumb as an "okay" sign was weakest in Italy; Italians were surprised that other folks thought the gesture had Roman origins and considered it to be something imported by American GIs in World War II."

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1511/is_n12_v17/ai_18938015#continue

·
Registered
216 Posts
With your window down, extend your left arm out and down at an angle. Palm facing forward, extend the index and middle fingers while tucking all other digits in. OK, that was for the JimG readers...

Make an upside down peace sign.

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Say FIVEOH sorry can't make that one will be out of the country for a couple months. I will be in Howell on Sat. from 3pm or so at the Lowes there. Couple guys from work are going One has a Vette and the other a Magnum. Guess they have a show every Sat. there.:)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
An SSR's Wife said:

WAS THAT YOU. :confused :nono :thumbs :flag :ssr

1 - 13 of 13 Posts