Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was lucky and got invited to the filming of a new episode of American Muscle Car on Speed Channel last week. The show will be one hour long and will be about Chevrolet Super Sports. They used my Yellow SSR, Black 96 Impala SS, and my White 64 Impala SS. Should be some cool shots of the SSR, I had to follow the camera truck closely at times..did the same with the 96 Impala. One of the narrators was in my white 64 Impala SS and will be doing commentary from the drivers seat.

The show will be on sometime next month. I will be sure to post the exact airtime when I find out.:cheers

·
Registered
222 Posts
Awesum....can't wait 2 c it. :cool

:thumbs :party

·
Registered
705 Posts
can someone give me a bit of history lesson as far as the SS chevy's go please. Never been a Chevy guy before this car...

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
:cheers :grouphug Wow!!! YOu were VERY LUCKY!!!!! I am sooo happy for ya! Congrats....can't wait to see the time it airs. Too cool for school man!

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
lucky you

Can't wait to see more of the SSR on TV. I sat and looked at the Chevy web site everyday before I got my SSR in my hot little hands. But I still love to see it on the big screen.:cool

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sounds like a great experience. Congrats!
Can't wait to see it on the air.

Mike

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,333 Posts
1964 Impala SS . . .

That sure brings back some memories for me. When I was VERY young ( ;) ), my parents bought a brand new 1964 Impala station wagon. We had it in for warranty service and the dealer gave us a new Impala SS for a loaner!!
I loved that car and was all kinds of upset when we had to give it back. To this day, still one of my favorite cars. Can't wait to see yours on the show!

·
Registered
4,175 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
A little about the SS Chevy.

redssrloaded said:
can someone give me a bit of history lesson as far as the SS chevy's go please. Never been a Chevy guy before this car...
I am certainly not an expert on this matter, but since no one offered any info I will expand your data base somewhat. I think, don't know for sure, that the SS stuff began in 1962. I was a sophmore in HS that year. Certainly didn't have any money for an SS. That is the first SS that I remember; it was a red and white '62 Impala SS. There was also an SS Nova, but I don't remember one of those till '65 or '66. I think there was also a Malibu SS in '64. Camaro models had an SS early on and then just before the end. Other than Camaro the last SS that I remember was the SS Chevelle in '72 until the 90 something Impalas. Only pickup SS that I remember was the 90-92s. This is just a rough idea from a tired ole memory. :yawn

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
I Remember.....

My 1st grade teacher had a brand new 61 Impala SS...
And in High School there was a cool 70 Monte Carlo SS..:flag

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, no SSR on the show!! We spent almost two hours filming it, so I cant imagine why it wasnt used. The black 96 Impala SS was me. Maybe they have a different show planned for the SSR film. Should have used it during the last part of the show.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Not impressed

I agree, just the interior with a kid thrashing around is not my idea of the SSR. But then this is NOT really what the SS WAS all about! I lived through most of those years starting with the introduction of the 55 V8, I owed a 55, 57, 58, 62 and a 57 Nomad with the FI. Those were the good years! :flag

1 - 13 of 13 Posts