Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SSR Wind Blocker

SSR WIND BLOCKER
After many weeks of testing and getting the opinions of other SSR owners its finally complete. Many of you may remember my earlier post on the Wind Blocker that I designed and installed on my 03 SSR. I got some great feedback and many personal e-mails complementing it. I want to thank all of you especially those of you that ordered one. Also to let you know all have been shipped and you should have in a few days. It really came out better than I had hoped for I made a few adjustments, lessened the dip in the center by 3/4 inch, made it narrower by a couple inches, and contoured the sides to closely match the the shape of the seats. It works great and looks great too. I know Im being a little predjudice but my wife was the final test taking her out on the expressway with the top down and didn't ruin her hair-do. She would always make me put the top up if we were going somewhere nice so as not to mess her hair. NOT ANYMORE :) She's happy Im happy and I hope when you receive yours you'll be happy too! Also special thanks to John with the red SSR and Rob with the Silver 04 met them for the first time at the Cruise Saturday they didn't now about this web site. I told them when they get there's installed to visit the web site and let everyone know how they like their Windblocker.

Attachments

·
Registered
541 Posts
Wowsers!!

Man oh man. That is definitely schweet! I like it much better than the pictures of the '05 SSR accessory version.

How much? Are you really taking orders?

Diggs

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Diggs said:
Man oh man. That is definitely schweet! I like it much better than the pictures of the '05 SSR accessory version.

How much? Are you really taking orders?

Diggs
Thanks for your interest, Yes I have had a lot of positive responce as it does not interfere with your field of vision and is pretty much invisible. Works great! very simple installation and I offer 100% refund no questions asked. Price is $240.00 plus shipping. I can accept credit card, Pay-Pal, or check. Will ship same day with credit card or Pay-Pal.

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
irish said:
Really interested. How do I install it?

t
With a pocket knife or screw driver you pop off the plastic covers on the seat back bumpers. Remove the 7 mm nuts with a socket wrench. Using an electric drill motor and 7/16 drill bit open the existing hole in the seat back bumpers ( don't worry I also supply you with special custom made washers if you ever want to remove Wind Blocker and put back to original) Use the special screw fasteners that I supply that fit through the hole in the Seat Back Bumper and secure the Wind Blocker in place. I even supply the Allen Hex Key you need for the special designed fasteners I made. Fasteners are made from high strength Stainless Steel.
Thats all there is too it takes maybe 20 minutes. Any one can do it I provide step by step instructions.

·
Registered
136 Posts
how about movement of the seats when the baffle is on. given that your answer is what i think it is, how do I order and pay you?

t

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
irish said:
how about movement of the seats when the baffle is on. given that your answer is what i think it is, how do I order and pay you?

t
You lose approx. 1/2 inch when seat is all the way back, does not interfere with the function of the seat. If you normally drive with the seat in its furthest back position reset the control until seat touches Seat back bumper and push memory.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
WindBreaker

Just wanted to add my input. Ordered one, received quickly. Easy to install. Looks and works great.

Bob

1 - 13 of 13 Posts