Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Spirited driver!
983 Posts
I have this one and like it much better than the stock one because the stock version puts a large crossbar right in your view.

It is sold by a member from this group.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I have the factory mesh and bought it new from Simple Engineering. I wouldn't say it's better that the plexiglass models, but it does the job.
Used ones tend to go for close to new prices. Not much savings. Ya might just wanna pick the new one you like and bite the bullet

·
BAD BOW TIE
8,878 Posts
Not sure But I don't want to pay retail for a used one. what do you have the factory mesh screen or a Plexiglass?

I see you just joined. You will find out most used parts for these machines go for more then new because you can't get any more. Just a tip maybe you didn't know. Welcome from Sturgis South Dakota.

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Simple-Engeering Linkhttps://shop.simple-engineering.com/category.sc?categoryId=11 This is brand new GM P/N 10395211 SSR Windstop. The original manufacturer(Oris)still builds them under GM license. Shipping and storage bag is included in the price. The 2005 GM list price (Q4 2005 Accessory Catalog, page 84) was $390
Price: $288.0

·
Slingshot Rules!
62,783 Posts
Where can I find a reasonably priced windscreen for my 2004 SSR?
Question for you, Eddie . . . have you driven or been a passenger in an SSR with either type of windscreen installed?

The reason I ask is that I had one and was not impressed at all. In fact, I gave it away many years ago because it was just another dirt collector in my garage. You may want to check one out before dropping a few big bucks on something you may or may not like / use.

Good Luck.

! :p ! :ROFLMAO: ! :p ! :ROFLMAO: ! :p !

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Question for you, Eddie . . . have you driven or been a passenger in an SSR with either type of windscreen installed?

The reason I ask is that I had one and was not impressed at all. In fact, I gave it away many years ago because it was just another dirt collector in my garage. You may want to check one out before dropping a few big bucks on something you may or may not like / use.

Good Luck.

! :p ! :ROFLMAO: ! :p ! :ROFLMAO: ! :p !
Ok, Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Simple-Engeering Linkhttps://shop.simple-engineering.com/category.sc?categoryId=11 This is brand new GM P/N 10395211 SSR Windstop. The original manufacturer(Oris)still builds them under GM license. Shipping and storage bag is included in the price. The 2005 GM list price (Q4 2005 Accessory Catalog, page 84) was $390
Price: $288.0
Thank you for the info!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I see you just joined. You will find out most used parts for these machines go for more then new because you can't get any more. Just a tip maybe you didn't know. Welcome from Sturgis South Dakota.
Ok, So Then it would be better to buy the plexiglass model rather than pay full price for the mesh when it seems the plexi model will block more wind. Thanks

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Don't get too hung up on which one will block the wind better. They both are very close. And besides, you're driving a convertible with the top down, remember? Just buy the one you like based on looks and cost and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Don't get too hung up on which one will block the wind better. They both are very close. And besides, you're driving a convertible with the top down, remember? Just buy the one you like based on looks and cost and you'll be fine.

I have read some reviews and people seem to like the plexiglass better. they say it blocks more wind. personally I like the wind. Its the wife that has the hairdo problem. ...lol

·
SSR Believer
587 Posts
I have read some reviews and people seem to like the plexiglass better. they say it blocks more wind. personally I like the wind. Its the wife that has the hairdo problem. ...lol
Having driven with both I would agree that the plexiglass model does a better job of keeping the wind out and the cabin quiet(er)... but it's a matter of taste of course.

IMG_7852.jpg

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
I have the plexiglass and the stock GM version and I feel that there is more wind buffeting with the plexiglass one then the GM windscreen because the wind hits the solid plexiglass and bounces back some of the wind where the GM doesn't. You can buy my GM screen, it is used in good shape with the bag, for 200.00 plus shipping or go with the plexiglass one.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts