Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Super Road Rocket Pilot
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SSR Wiring Schematics / Diagrams

Thought it would be nice to post all schematics / diagrams for the SSR here so people could look for everything on one place. These were gathered from various posts around the forum, mostly by Wingrider, but many others have contributed as well. If you have something that is not listed here but think it would benefit others please feel free to post the image here too. If you put your mouse over the image you will see the name of the file, click to enlarge.

Bose wiring diagram
2004 radio diagram
ABS
ABS 2
Automatic shift interlock

Attachments

Super Road Rocket Pilot
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
AUX floor gauge
Cooling fan
DRL
Instrument panel
Passenger seat

Attachments

Super Road Rocket Pilot
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Rear body
Shift solenoid
Turn Hazard
Turn signal switch
Lights with bed cover

Attachments

Lost In The 50's
Wow!!!

A big Thank you for taking the time to do the research and posting the results.

Saved in my User CP for future use if needed.:liebe011:

Then saved to an external hard drive just in case computer crashes. Click Thread below to see how I save information for future review in case needed.

http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f4/saving-information-future-use-70578/

Registered
Any chance of getting one for the Interior Lights (I really need the bed cover wiring though).

Registered
Is there a easy way to change the AC compressor? I'm on my 2nd one. 1st unit kept recycling. Got another new unit with pressure switch and oil(had a very hard time installing the unit). 2nd unit also kept recycling until now the clutch has burned up. I'm not looking forward to the replacement, but the cost to have it done is very expensive. Has anyone else ever replaced a compressor, with easy??? I own a 03R. Any suggestions??

Supporting SSR Hobbyist
Is there a easy way to change the AC compressor? I'm on my 2nd one. 1st unit kept recycling. Got another new unit with pressure switch and oil(had a very hard time installing the unit). 2nd unit also kept recycling until now the clutch has burned up. I'm not looking forward to the replacement, but the cost to have it done is very expensive. Has anyone else ever replaced a compressor, with easy??? I own a 03R. Any suggestions??
The compressor is most easily changed via the right front wheel well. Remove the right front wheel and go at it that way. A lift is really best, since you will need access from below as well. As I remember, it comes forward and up out of the engine compartment.

There are two common causes of short cycling. The easy one is the pressure transducer on the line just above the compressor. Although it is the less likely, it is a cheap replacement and only takes a couple minutes. The second cause is the thermistor and signal conditioner that turns off the compressor when the evaporator gets too cold. It is located behind the air bag on top of the heater/AC unit. The thermistor goes into the box and is anchored on the inside. This requires that the dash be torn apart to replace the $50 part. Most places will charge about 8 hours labor to change the part.........

Sorry for the bad news....... But we've been down this road before.

Mike

1 - 18 of 18 Posts