Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are almost finished with our SSR C5R. We are just waiting for small stuff to complete the motor and to get her running. We are looking to have the truck tuned the week after SEMA. The motor is a C5R block punched out to a 442. It has around 650 hp at the motor. We used our custom longtube headers into 3 inch exhaust. We have not decided on what to do with the appearance of the truck yet. We are thinking 22 inch wheels in the back and 20 inch wheels on the front. The suspension will most likely be airbagged. If you guys are interested in more info let me know. Kaley

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
We started the SSR last night with open headers. It sounds amazing!!! Here are a few pics of the SSR without a motor and the new C5R motor. I will get some more pictures later. Maybe a video as well. Kaley

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Now I know what to buy when I win the lottery! That thing is just drop dead gorgeous! I love the paint work on the engine too! Lot of heart and soul in that one boys! :seeya

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you guys are interested in the polished alternator we can do them on an exchange basis for $350. The paint match will be extra. Thanks for comments guys. There has been a lot of time invested into this project. I can't wait until it is all finished. Kaley

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, I'll bite, how much $$$ for a regular person to get one of those installed? :skep

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The motor goes for about 28k. You will need to upgrade your tranny. :) We can do a 427 for abou 16k plus instal. Kaley

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wishing

Kaley, Fanatastic looking engine. The custom paint is outrages!!! You guys are doing a great job on the car.

One question does the new motor bolt right in or did you have to change the mounts? Any issue with the clearances, especially when you added the headers?

You have me drooling.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The new motor will mount into the SSR without issue. The headers were custom made by us to fit in the SSR with that motor. A few things had to be re wired but alot of that was cosmetic. I am most impressed with how much better that intake looks then the stock SSR intake. It changed the whole appearance under the hood. Kaley

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
ditto: WOW

however, I'll buy another SSR for that cost. just my thoughts....

just like the Concord air.

But then OC custom chopper available at Sam's is $153,000. So this CHEAP?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The guy that owns this SSR decided that he should go by another since he went overboard with this project. He decided this truck will be to nice to drive around all the time so he purchased a new 6.0 one. The reliability is not affected when upgradeing your motor. In some cases you will actually get better mileage. Thats on the highway of course. You won't be able to keep your foot off the gas in town:). If you guys are interested in something smaller we can do that as well. Heads and cam would be awesome on a 5.3. Over the winter I will be installing ported/polished 5.3 liter heads, 230/224 cam and longtube headers on my Dads purple 04. Kaley

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
tell us how many cabbages for that job? or show us at sema.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We won't have the car at SEMA. We were suppose to have a booth to show the SSR and our widebody 1000hp C5 it didn't work out. You're looking at 40k for the C5R 442, upgraded tranny, custom headers ect ect. If you would like to get in touch with me at SEMA we will be there until friday. Kaley

·
Premium Member
9,223 Posts
Where will you be hanging out? - we were hoping to meet some fanatics at the Axiom booth first thing Wednesday.

Ray

1 - 16 of 16 Posts