Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
I had my 04 for a while before I even noticed the tail gate had been shaved. I was actually washing my 05 when I noticed it. I stopped and thought wait a minute something is wrong here. I went over and looked at the 04 and then parked them side by side. I liked the shaved gate a little better.

·
Ms Donna's Driver
04’ Silver and 05’ Sinister
3,349 Posts
Personally i want everybody to recognize my truck as a Chevy because i am proud Chevrolet took this adventure. So, i proudly display and sometimes wear the bowtie and/or the SSR logo.
Donna’s 04 has Eric’s tailgate with Chevrolet across it and some people still ask if it is a kit car

·
BAD BOW TIE
9,747 Posts
It is strange also that some folks have done the fish line to get the bow-tie off the rear and then just polished the tail gate out. While others took theirs off and there was two big holes for alignment pins to deal with and they had to have body work done to fix the situation. You would think they all would have been the same from the factory.

·
Registered
'05 Aqua Blur 6-spd
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It is strange also that some folks have done the fish line to get the bow-tie off the rear and then just polished the tail gate out. While others took theirs off and there was two big holes for alignment pins to deal with and they had to have body work done to fix the situation. You would think they all would have been the same from the factory.
Hmm, do you mean some are stuck/adhesived on somehow and others are "drilled on" with pins through the tailgate? :unsure:

Do you have any idea which MYs are which? ;)

·
Administrator
8,370 Posts
I wonder when GM might have changed to Bowties/ emblems that used only adhesive to stick onto the SSR? We should all know why GM had holes originally predrilled in the tailgate right? Who in the world wants to look at crooked emblems?? My other gripe is I really dislike seeing all those dealer name tags/ stickers on the rear of vehicles they sell. 🥺

BTW: I see enough of those dealer's stickers put on crooked or in wrong spots on the back end of a lot of their vehicles they sell. :mad:

·
SSR Believer
1,052 Posts
The previous owner replaced the bow tie with Corvette crossed flags. I like them fine, but I also like all of the others posted here. (y)

I've gotten the "Is that a kit car?" question more than a few times. :rolleyes:

SSR Tailgate 1.jpg

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
2,919 Posts
It is a nice clean look but kind of like letting people know that this is a Chevy SSR!
@Marc NY I agree 100% about those dealer license plate holders and stickers! Taking those off is the FIRST thing I do when I buy a new vehicle!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts