Chevy SSR Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
BAD BOW TIE
9,748 Posts
From what I understand you have to provide him your stock tail gate plus a 1950 tail gate and he cuts and welds the two. Cuts the plate out of the 1950 with the Chevy letters and welds it into your stock tail gate. Not cheap but looks great.

·
Daily Driver
8,883 Posts
It is strange also that some folks have done the fish line to get the bow-tie off the rear and then just polished the tail gate out. While others took theirs off and there was two big holes for alignment pins to deal with and they had to have body work done to fix the situation. You would think they all would have been the same from the factory.
My '06 was built on 8-19-05, the tailgate emblem was put on with adhesive but there were two alignment pins going into two holes in the sheetmetal. The fish line/dental floss trick is to cut the adhesive with minimum damage but I believe they all have pins.

Attachments

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,675 Posts
It is a nice clean look but kind of like letting people know that this is a Chevy SSR!
@Marc NY I agree 100% about those dealer license plate holders and stickers! Taking those off is the FIRST thing I do when I buy a new vehicle!
I agree. My Dad once told me " I did not pay the dealer for the privilege to advertise for him!

41 - 45 of 45 Posts