·
Registered
318 Posts

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
about time

:thumbs
These guys deal in spolers for all types of cars. I wrote them a email requesting a spoiler for the SSR about a week ago. They act quickly!!!
I dont like drilling holes either but it'll serve as a nice handle for lifting up the cargo top
I ordered mine today.. colored and will be delivered ups in 3-4 days!! pretty good!

pic will follow...

wished they would have some choices on the design...
my preference would be a round roll bar with matching satin finish

·
Retired GM Program Manager/ Chief SSR Engineer
549 Posts
Remember that the gas springs might not lift the bed cover off the latches if you add much more weight. Seal pressure is all that gives the bed cover that initial lift. The gas springs do not have much mechanical advantage when the cover is closed. This spoiler does look nice.

·
Registered
137 Posts
freezer said:
Remember that the gas springs might not lift the bed cover off the latches if you add much more weight. Seal pressure is all that gives the bed cover that initial lift. The gas springs do not have much mechanical advantage when the cover is closed. This spoiler does look nice.
Judging by the fact that my bed cover barely opens anyways, at least the spoiler would give me something to grab.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Wing Sighting

It looks pretty Kool. :cool ;) I was up in Palm Bch Cty last week n saw 1 on the road. He was a Chebbie dealer in PB n he has 5 04SSR's he wants 2 blow out at cost, with the spoilers. :lol :lol :lol

I think he shud b happy 2 sell'm 4 $5K below, at this point. ;)

I agree that it may not allow the lid 2 open with the added weight. Also, can't bring myself 2 drill the holes in my baby. :nono

:cool

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
low sleek wings

Just received my yellow wings (7 days delivery) ups. Its very low (<2 inches) easy installation. Very light(plastic) no worry about added weight. But little worried about cracking when closing the lid --- mine need a hard push to close
do it myself or take it to body shop? I have few unfinished job at the body shop so latter will be the choice. I now have all the appendages except the wind blocker.
Oh! Let the wind blowwwwww

·
Administrator
8,205 Posts
Hard to close?

saharajohn said:
... Very light(plastic) no worry about added weight. But little worried about cracking when closing the lid --- mine need a hard push to close...
Just curious, I recall somewhere in a thread someone didn't realize that they had to open the rear tail gate before they closed their lid/ top. I hope that that you are indeed opening the rear tail gate first before you are attempting to close your lid/ cover? :confused

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
another SSR QC problem

Thanks Marc.

Of course I know. My SSR cargo cover always needs a smack to close proper especially the left. Infact when closed left side hood is slightly lower than the body line. Do you think an adjustment is possible?

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
saharajohn said:
Just received my yellow wings (7 days delivery) ups. Its very low (<2 inches) easy installation. Very light(plastic) no worry about added weight. But little worried about cracking when closing the lid --- mine need a hard push to close
do it myself or take it to body shop? I have few unfinished job at the body shop so latter will be the choice. I now have all the appendages except the wind blocker.
Oh! Let the wind blowwwwww

WindsuppreSSR!

Sorry couldn't help myself

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Wind what?

Who can post me the contact no. of a guy who sell the windsuppressor

·
Registered
180 Posts
If you are looking for the Wind Baffle that mounts behind the seats, you might look under SSR Tech. Discussion under a tread called Ssr Wind Baffle.
Good Luck

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
They are not all the same.

I am not sold on windbaffle. The seller is making his case here and there, but clear 1 piece plastic attached to the car seats........so far from all the threads I've read windsuppressor seems to be the best choice available.

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
WindsuppreSSR

saharajohn said:
I am not sold on windbaffle. The seller is making his case here and there, but clear 1 piece plastic attached to the car seats........so far from all the threads I've read windsuppressor sold by Ray seems to be the best choice available.
Yes, the WindsuppreSSR is the best for blocking that strong back draft you get with the top down. It is clear so it doesn't interfere with your vision when looking through the rear view mirror. It is also designed to match the contour of your seats so it looks like it is part of the vehicle and not some aftermarket add on. It mounts behind the seat back bumpers for a professional looking installation. Does not attach to the seats so you can adjust seats any way you want. If your wife or girlfriend won't ride with you with the top down for fear of getting a windblown hair do this is for you! e-mail me at [email protected]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Wings!!

Just installed the yellow spoiler myself. It took 1.5 hours of my time alone.
removed carpeted cover under the cargo cover, drilled 4 1/4inch holes from top using the guides they provided, made the holes bigger in the underside of the cover so that the bolts would fit in( double panel) screw 4 bolts, then replace the carpet and clean up carefully all the metal chips from drilling.
Wish I knew how to send pictures to show everyone..... just beautiful I always thought something was missing in the back. now I've got it. very low profile and serves as a perfect handle for lifting the cargo top.
For a weekend warrior, I think I did a good job and will always know that IIIII did it.

·
Registered
407 Posts
i have the windbaffle and it's great. works beautifully and stays put with the velcro straps.

i am considering the supressSSR though cause every once in awhile i want to move the seat backs and this is the only time the baffle is a pain.....

don't know how much the suppressSSR is going for but i can tell anyone that is interested that the baffle is a good buy.

rick

·
Registered
318 Posts
sarajohn:

Hey, get someone to help you take a couple of digital flicks so you can post them. I have a sling shot too and would love to see what the tail feathers look like installed!

Thanks,

Steve Rainwater

·
Registered
318 Posts
Sorry about the Sarajohn bit ....... Hey I see that you are in Palm Springs... We will be heading south to the Desert Princess on the 30th for the winter... Perhaps we can hook up and I can take a look at your slingshot with the wing installed!

Rainwater

1 - 20 of 21 Posts