Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 SSR and now have this problem. My battery went dead and I had to replace it. That being said, a new problem occurred. When I try to start it, it turns over and then continues to turn over as if the fuel pump is not getting any fuel. (my opinion) I took it to a chevy guy who I trust explicitly on Chevy's from Camaro's to Vette's new and old. Well he seems to think it is in the fuse box as a relay is not getting a ground. Either that or the processor. I have an extended warrantee so it is not a problem. Problem is that every time and he's had the SSR for 3 days, the car starts and he can't check out where the problem is. Saturday as I was driving it, it just died, amber lights all came on and stalled. So it is probably a ground fault somewhere causing this. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what the fix was. He advised me that some SSR's have had a Fuse box problem and he ascertained this from a mechanic's website he subscribes to. With a new battery there isn't a cranking problem. He's concerned about replacing the fuse box system and then it being the processor. Any help would be appreciated.

Ron Raposa 2006 SSR

·
Spirited driver!
1,407 Posts
Hi Ron,

check out this post for info. Fuse Box. It shows how to fix it if you want or who to send it to.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,347 Posts
Welcome to SSRFanatic. The best source of information about your truck. PokerGuy is correct regarding your problem. I would suggest that you get the fuse box repaired as soon as possible since this can cause a shutdown at any time. In my case it was at 70mph in the fast lane of the freeway in California. If you have GM replace the Fuse Box there is the chance that it can happen again because it was a problem with the manufacture of the box.
Second I would suggest you click the User CP button above and Edit your Profile to add some information about your location and your truck. This will help others near you know where you are and if they are close enough to offer assistance when you have an issue.
You might also want to go to the New Members Forum and introduce yourself there so all will know a bit about you.

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
welcome, the fuse box concern is talked about in several threads. You can send it off to Ed in Florida for the repair. There is also a temporary jumper lead that you can make to test the circuit and get you home.

Reactions: tennesseecozydog

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,509 Posts
I have a 2006 SSR and now have this problem. My battery went dead and I had to replace it. That being said, a new problem occurred. When I try to start it, it turns over and then continues to turn over as if the fuel pump is not getting any fuel. (my opinion) I took it to a chevy guy who I trust explicitly on Chevy's from Camaro's to Vette's new and old. Well he seems to think it is in the fuse box as a relay is not getting a ground. Either that or the processor. I have an extended warrantee so it is not a problem. Problem is that every time and he's had the SSR for 3 days, the car starts and he can't check out where the problem is. Saturday as I was driving it, it just died, amber lights all came on and stalled. So it is probably a ground fault somewhere causing this. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what the fix was. He advised me that some SSR's have had a Fuse box problem and he ascertained this from a mechanic's website he subscribes to. With a new battery there isn't a cranking problem. He's concerned about replacing the fuse box system and then it being the processor. Any help would be appreciated.

Ron Raposa 2006 SSR
Your Chevy guy that you trust is right, Fuse Box.

More information on my SSR How to Library including repair.

Link: https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5!853&cid=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5

Look for "FUSE BOX REPAIR" and "EMERGENCY FUSE BOX REPAIR"

Dicktatro

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,222 Posts
Well, there is no need to send it anywhere if your mechanic is familiar with GM vehicles and wants to spend 20 minutes or so. This fuse box issue has been discussed here, on the Trailblazer forum and Covette forum for many years. A simple $2 worth of wire and you are back in business if it is indeed the dreaded fuse box. As Dick pointed out, he has some nice pictures that will walk you or whomever through the process. The wire is .032 (20 gauge) copper, available at most craft or home stores.

Usually this problem occurs when the truck is hot, then the box starts working again when it cools. Seems to be what you are describing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts