Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ssrcobra,
I have just noticed that you have the supercharger and the magnaflow exhaust on you ssr (real sweet by the way). I am really considering to do this to my ssr but really want to know how you like it on your ssr and if it is really worth doing. Does the exhaust sound good and does the supercharger really give you a major boost in power. Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
218 Posts
Mike,

I love the exhaust and the way it sounds I just thought it needed a little better of a sound the stock one gave. (It also helped that rear ended on my ride and there insurance paid for a new exhaust). It is not so loud so you can’t hear your radio play as you are driving down the highway. The Magnaflow does a nice job of filling the openings in the bumpper cover coming out the rear of the truck also.

As for the supercharger it is a big dollar item :eek but I guess I am fortunate enough to have been able to afford one. I do really love what it has done “feel wise” to my ride. I did the install myself which took 5 days somewhere from 14 to 16 hours total with no problems the only thing I had to do was change the upper radiator hose to a street rod type metal hose.

I did dyno my SSR when it was all stock it came in at 260hp. I do intend to dyno it very soon to see what it does with the charger on (just for bragging rights).

As you can see I have done a lot of other little things (and the paint) with my ride and I am having a blast doing them.

I am thinking about changing the gear in it
And people and Woodward thought I should add neon’s.

That all for now tell me what you think about the gear
SSRcobra

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Thanks for the info, I am planning on putting the supercharger on very soon and the exhaust. I am also planning on having real flames airbrushed on to my ride and having it lowered. Thanks again for the info.
Mike :seeya

·
Registered
218 Posts
Make sure you post or send some pictures :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts