Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 Redline Red 6 Speed
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for history on the forum. When it started and by who how many members what countries etc.
thanks CAZ

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
CAZ, this is what I have learned so far. The website started in late 2002 or early 2003. Troy Roberts was the original startup to the website. He never owned an SSR. He asked Marc NY to be the first Moderator on the SSR site, SSRFANATIC.COM. I have no proof to back this up, but was also told that Chevrolet or GM had a hand in starting the site to help promote the launching of the SSR. Troy sold the site to the new owners, AutoForum, which came in with its own people and administration. If anyone knows how many active members the site has and the total of membership through its lifetime, please post. I am trying to compose an introduction so the new members will have some background. I have reached out to a lot of people and they are just like me...they know a little bit, but not the whole story. Is there anyone in particular who can be contacted when members have trouble with their password? I have talked to several who got so aggravated they don't use the site anymore. Hopefully, someone will have more details than what I am coming up with. Any help is appreciated. If anyone has an introduction that I am trying to compose, please share it. Thanks for everyone's help.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,573 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts