Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:surprise:
I'm clicking on multiple sites looking for used SSRs. Have not yet viewed a map of Texas but am trying to understand the quantity of SSRs showing up for sale in whereever Spring, Texas happens to be.

Is there a major used car dealer there that tries to specialize in SSRs. Just curious as to how they cornered the market so to speak.

Also, is there any meaning to the (LS) that seems to be mentioned in most every one of the SSRs for sale. Does that designate a certain trim level or what???

Thanks for any assist.

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,322 Posts
Yes, Spring (Houston) Texas is the home of North Freeway Hyundai.

It is the largest seller of SSRs in the country.
I found my FPR there. Many Fanatics have gotten their trucks at NFH.
:smile2:

=============
David :black:

·
Super Moderator
13,908 Posts
North Freeway Hyundai has sold nearly 700 SSR's over the past 8 years
Personally, I have accounted for 225 of those
View it how you like but North Freeway is a huge supporter of the SSR
Paul Peebles (Nfwy owner) love of the SSR is a major reason our SSR values maintain their current level.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK,

Nice to know about which/what dealership is creating all the extra hype on SSRs for sale. Given the time frame we are now in and recent weather activity in the Houston, Texas area, I would be on extra "alert" as to any potential flood related SSRs for sale coming from that site.......................

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,273 Posts
OK,

Nice to know about which/what dealership is creating all the extra hype on SSRs for sale. Given the time frame we are now in and recent weather activity in the Houston, Texas area, I would be on extra "alert" as to any potential flood related SSRs for sale coming from that site.......................
North Freeway Hyundai DID NOT flood. They are a long standing reputable SSR dealer and I would not expect to see any flooded R's ever showing up thru their dealership.......

·
Registered
74 Posts
I am moving to Texas from the North, planning to go shopping down there next month. Glad to here the feedback here.
Any tips?

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,224 Posts
I am moving to Texas from the North, planning to go shopping down there next month. Glad to here the feedback here.
Any tips?
pockneck----Welcome from Forney Texas!!! FIRST-----Go to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" it will show in the left column under your name and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out. Plus some one might meet you and you can look, touch, ride, MAYBE?? drive one.

I got my FPR from North Freeway Hyundai. Great place!!

Nick

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
The "LS" refers to the engine. The '03/'04's had the LM4 engine, 300 HP, the '05/'06 had the LS2, 394Hp for the Auto, 400 Hp for the six speed manual trans.

Jack

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Jack for clearing that up. I do have that massive PDF file written by (cant recall his name now) that goes into chapter after chapter about the history of the SSR. I've gotten a lot of good info from it, but don't recall an explanation within for the (LS)..........might be there and I just missed it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts