Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Watching the r's roll across the block at Barrett Jackson Scottsdale today, my favorite way to spend tv time in the winter. First day of broadcast and three went thru already. Pretty decent prices too. Yellow, ultra violet and aqua blur.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Prices sold for

Registered on their web site and found four that sold today. Prices shown include the ten percent commission which up's the price to decent/market value prices. 19k sounds good without commission but others are probably about average. 04 Ultra Violet 46k miles, $20,900. 03 Slingshot Yellow $22k. 06 Aqua Blur $27,500. 05 Smokin Asphalt 44k miles, $28,050. Missed the other thread going which has way more info than this one. Insomnia is an evil mistress.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts

What is even better on a winter day is to wonder around looking at the cars in person.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,273 Posts
Also interesting to hear that one of the commentators owns the other Red, White and Blue IRL SSR Pace Truck.

·
Super Moderator
13,908 Posts
Also interesting to hear that one of the commentators owns the other Red, White and Blue IRL SSR Pace Truck.
Mike Joy (fanatic username - 200mph)
The way your post was phrased indicates the other American LeMans Pace is there?

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,273 Posts
Mike Joy (fanatic username - 200mph)
The way your post was phrased indicates the other American LeMans Pace is there?
Nope, I just knew where one of these IRL Pace trucks was at, and Mike was mentioning on the air that he owns the other IRL truck when the Smoking Asphalt R was up for auction.
Sorry for causing any confusion.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had a trip planned last year to attend for the first time, electrical issues with the motor home cancelled that. I've always been curious what Craig Jacksons profit margin is on his auctions. 10% buyer and seller commissions, ticket sales, concession sales, bidder passes, tv rights and so on... I'm thinking in the millions for their profit. Granted there is a lot of overhead but commission income alone is staggering.

·
189 the LAST blur
192 Posts
R's at Mecum also...

I seen 4 of the 6 at Mecum go through and thought the prices were a touch soft for there condition, mileage and options. Only 2 had lowish miles and except for the black 05 all were early placement spots. Other colors were 2 yellow, 2 red and a silver. Talked with an original owner in the hotel parking lot that was driving a red 03 with 167,000 miles on it he bought new off the Albany NY GM dealer showroom floor. Not a member yet but will check us out. Very interesting and inspiring conversation. My next Auction adventure is McCormicks and there were 2 there last year. At 5% both ways there the best deal in the country. Should be another good one.:cheers

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Air time

Pretty cool how 4 of the 5 r's made it on air on Velocity. Lots of the cars are never seen on tv, even in passing.

·
Daily Driver
8,935 Posts
Every day more people are moving from the that's-cool-but-out-of-reach because of price/kids/mortgage, to the empty nest/disposable income/leisure time group.
That's a pool of potential buyers.

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Watched Barrett, specifically the Silver with yellow flames -1st time I had seen an SSR with the top down, finally they are learning. Sold for $27,000 and it was an 04.
Interesting that the commentator mentioned he owned one, didn't come across as having any prior knowledge to an SSR, though. He stated it was impossible to find a hitch and went into a rant on that, obviously he has not searched out the net at all, perhaps he needs a secretary. :}

1 - 15 of 15 Posts