Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevrolet SSR manual transmission
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has not been much car show activity in the Atlanta area since Coronavirus put the quietus on outdoor activities that involved social contact. Recently there have been some awakenings in far north and far south Ga. but little near the city. All came to a halt this past Saturday with a show in downtown Loganville Ga. By my sources estimate there were about 150 vehicles there with three SSRs. There would have been four, but I was at St. Simons Isle not wearing a mask and not able to follow social distancing rules due to the crowds. Tuckerred was at home in the garage enjoying the failure of the hot water heater, what fun.
Looking forward to more such activity as summer ripens,
Tuckerred1948

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,147 Posts
Yeah, things here in GA are starting to gain steam with more and more shows being scheduled but with the Covid numbers going in a bad direction, not sure how long it will last.

I keep looking for local shows as well, here is a good source for most of GA and surrounding areas that I use, might be helpful to you as well - http://cruzintotheoldies.com/Happenin.pdf

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevrolet SSR manual transmission
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes Dragon,
If the crowds at St Simons Fathers Day WE are any indication people are getting fed up with the whole Coronavirus political circus. After all life has risk, numbers are still low relative to total populations and spikes are occurring in places where petty dictators have still not relaxed rules, makes you wonder if people are obeying them. I don't know what is going on here, maybe a weather(summer) related issue. I believe cases will trend back down but I am no doctor nor medical researcher, just a follower of history.
I use the SOUTH EAST WHEEL EVENTS calendar which lists lots of events in GA, FL, SC & a sprinkling of other locations. Also contain some competition events in the listings.
Everybody stay safe & support your local car club, mine is the Ga Cool Cruisers,
Thx, Tuckerred1948

·
Spirited driver!
1,314 Posts
I got an email that said:
The next Caffeine and Octane is Sunday, July 5th
at Perimeter Mall, Dunwoody, GA

If you are interested in going to the mega car show

·
Georgia SSRers
992 Posts
There has not been much car show activity in the Atlanta area since Coronavirus put the quietus on outdoor activities that involved social contact. Recently there have been some awakenings in far north and far south Ga. but little near the city. All came to a halt this past Saturday with a show in downtown Loganville Ga. By my sources estimate there were about 150 vehicles there with three SSRs. There would have been four, but I was at St. Simons Isle not wearing a mask and not able to follow social distancing rules due to the crowds. Tuckerred was at home in the garage enjoying the failure of the hot water heater, what fun.
Looking forward to more such activity as summer ripens,
Tuckerred1948
I was at the loganville show, Not with my R, but my '57 dodge. I kept trying to find the owners of the Rs there and only managed to find ONE, owned a Yellow, Did NOT know about the FANATICS so I gave her a card. Unbelievable amount of really SUPER CARS. i left early due to the HEAT !
Going to the WINDER cruise-in on Saturday June 27.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I got an email that said:
The next Caffeine and Octane is Sunday, July 5th
at Perimeter Mall, Dunwoody, GA

If you are interested in going to the mega car show
I plan on coming to this event August 2nd. I hear it is large.

·
Spirited driver!
1,314 Posts
I plan on coming to this event August 2nd. I hear it is large.
They are huge! In the past, it was literally over 2,000 cars. I was planning to go when I was out there last October but ran over to the west side of Texas to meet up with the Texas R group to go through Big Bend Nat'l Park instead.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts