Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SSR's at GM auto auction?

I was looking to buy another 2005 SSR. I saw one on E-bay that had 57 miles on it but the warranty started 11/4/04. The dealership said it was a truck that GM took to auto shows. I would be the 1st owner if I bought it. Warranty still good for 2 years or 36,000 miles. Just wondering if there was something wrong with these trucks. They sell for a real good price.

Thank You
Paul Perinati :ssr

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,208 Posts
Nothing wrong with those trucks.

I can only assume that they trailered this one to the shows if it only has 57 miles on it.
Otherwise it's been sitting on their lot and are blowing you a story. Ask a few more questions about what shows it's been at, locations, indoors, outsdoors, etc. If it's been sitting on their lot and never been titled the warranty will start the day you buy it, not the day it was built. Also check the door jam to see when the build date was, it may say 11/04.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dealer said they bought it at the GM auction with some of the Indy pace trucks (yellow ones) Thats what Gm told them. Did a car search for $7.95 came up all clean said it came from GM auction. Heritage chevy in Auburn Illinois.

Thanks again

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
I bought a 2001 Z28 convertible with 6 speed that had been on the show circuit. It proved to be a good car. I believe the mileage on it was around 100 miles.

·
Registered
615 Posts
perinati said:
Dealer said they bought it at the GM auction with some of the Indy pace trucks (yellow ones) Thats what Gm told them. Did a car search for $7.95 came up all clean said it came from GM auction. Heritage chevy in Auburn Illinois.

Thanks again
I got mine from Ernie, the delivery point of the Window Sticker was NOT a dealer but Auto Show In Motion
100 Renaissance Center
Detroit, Michigan

Ernie has sold over 35 SSR's, that should made them the biggest dealer in the US, mine was still on the MSRP with 21 miles, till I put on another 12 for the test drive. They were straight up with me and Ernie said, "he never saw someone so picky".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts