Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*It has been 1 Year Since the LAST SSR rolled off the assembly line at the LCC*

HI everyone! I am here in Warren, Michigan getting ready for departure to the Lansing Craft Centre in less than an hour. I am with my friend Harv and we are getting ready to meet up with Bob Walczyk at 7:00 ish along with Deb "hotrodgirl" out side our Marriott Courtyard Hotel.

We will caravan down to Lansing. Bob is bringing a new 6-speed SSR to drive and he told me I could drive the hour and half trip down there. OH MY! Bob better be ready for some fun driving ... right Big Jim? :lol

We met up with Deb last night while she was bowling. What a fun gal she is. :thumbs We talked about today's events and were saying how great it was that one lucky employee out of three will each have one key to try their luck at winning their very own SSR.

Deb said that there will be a radio interview sometime after the ceremonies so we will try to represent everyone as best we can. I also am looking forward to meeting up with Ed "freezer" there too.

More to follow later today.

Attachments

·
Registered
371 Posts
Thanks Marc

We have no doubt that you will represent us well Marc. This indeed is a sad day for the Lansing Craft Centre, all of its employees, and the SSR. I am so glad I made the sacrifices I did to own my very own '04 Redline Red. It now sits covered in the garage when not out on a sunny day showing its colors, to help preserve its value and style for the many years ahead. Thank you so much Lansing Craft Centre employees for bringing our "Babies" to us!

·
Premium Member
2,668 Posts
Let everyone how proud we are of their work and how sad to see it end. However their legacy will continue on as long as we're out driving them. They can be very proud of their contribution to the American automobile heritage.

·
Premium Member
2,727 Posts
We will caravan down to Lansing. Bob is bringing a new 6-speed SSR to drive and he told me I could drive the hour and half trip down there. OH MY! Bob better be ready for some fun driving.
Oh my is right. Marc with a stick shift. I loved to see that. Heck he couldn't keep it in his own lane with a automatic. Poor Bob, he doesn't know what he just done.:willy: :willy: :willy:

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Keep the SSR Spirit Alive...

:ssr :thumbs :flag

RickSSR :cool

·
Yes, I have an ATTITUDE !
1,678 Posts
Hhmmmm

Warren to Lansing.......I bet you could melt the tires before you get there.....No wonder they didn't invite me.....wouldn't have giving up the keys !:jester

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Sounds like you will be there for the final gasps of the plant. I know you will represent us well Marc. So tell me,.. while you are there, could you manage to get that little SSR Banner they had hanging on the outside of the building. :eek I think that would make a fiune addition to the side of my house.

:thumbs

·
OP
8,226 Posts
Come see us

I only hope that the SSR builders take the opportunity to come to this site so they can see how passionate we are about our rides and how we appreciate their work in producing them. I understand the ad we placed in the journal says thanks as well, but it has nothing on the real time comments from the fanatics on this site.
Thanks again LCC and ASC employees and good luck in the future.:seeya

·
Registered
7,221 Posts
The SSR is Dead

Long live the SSR!

Thank you ASC and LCC, and GM, and Marc, et al ... for everything you have done in bringing all of us the joy of SSR Ownership!

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
We're the lucky ones. We've got our :ssr :ssr :ssr :ssr. Enjoy and cruise on !:seeya

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Big Blue Ox said:
Long live the SSR!

Thank you ASC and LCC, and GM, and Marc, et al ... for everything you have done in bringing all of us the joy of SSR Ownership!

:agree Truly sad to see the end is here. I'll have a green beer to toast the SSR. :cheers

·
Registered
86 Posts
Give our best wishes to all at LCC. they built on hell of a automobile!!! A very sad day indeed...Enjoy your visit and take lots of pictures...SSR's rule!!!

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Marc NY said:
HI everyone! We talked about today's events and were saying how great it was that one lucky employee out of three will each have one key to try their luck at winning their very own SSR.

More to follow later today.
Now that sounds like fun! Please hurry and post the final VIN#!!!

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
March 17, 2006

woohoo said:
We're the lucky ones. We've got our :ssr :ssr :ssr :ssr. Enjoy and cruise on !:seeya
:agree :)

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Marc!

DO NOT stand on the trash cans this year, OK?
:glol :glol :glol

·
Premium Member
2006 Aqua Blur 22578
1,436 Posts
Thank You!

Thanks to all that had any part whatsoever in making it possible to park an SSR in my garage. I will do my best to be a good custodian of what is certainly one of the most unique pieces of automotive history.

·
Jeff & Terri
1,120 Posts
Big Blue Ox said:
Long live the SSR!

:agree Could not have said it any better. To a job well done.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,830 Posts

Make sure the winner of the SSR gets a fanatic card, so he / she can find their way here.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Still Jonesing

I still am not ready financially to buy my own SSR. I'm getting closer, though!

I'm glad that I was able to at least be involved through this great web-site! I'm looking forward to the day when I can buy my own '05-'06 6 speed. I think that I'll be able to late next year. I hope to pick one up that has very few miles, or maybe get lucky and find one still for sale as new at a dealer's lot hidden way back there.

I had always planned on buying an '07, but I guess I'll have to settle for buying one of the BEST VEHICLES EVER MADE!

I can't wait. It's killing me. Poppa wants his new toy.

:banghead

Jeff
Tucson, AZ

1 - 20 of 131 Posts