Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After attending the Media Event at Athens Coney Island and mingling with the "Higher Ups" involved with the SSR, I was able to gain some interesting information. 1. So much for the 3 year run of the SSR. From a "high up" factory representative they are hoping to continue building SSR''s "until the turn of the decade". 2. I asked about All Wheel Drive and got a grin and was told "no comment". 3. Vin #1 SSR HAS been sold, and Mr Bob McDorman (Chevy Dealer in Ohio with close to 1/2 Million $$ in #2,3 and 4) really wants # 1. Bob pulled up in the rain driving # 00002 along with other factory officials in an impressive line of factory customized SSR's. 4. later 05's will have a revised interior door panel to make access to power seat controls easier to reach with door closed. The storage in door panel will be smaller and moved forward in door panel. Tool was out being "grained". 5. The 6 speed will start production in November. 6. first two production 05's with 6 litre were built Friday August 20th.
7. The 05 is to be "about $1000 more" than the 04. Not bad for 90 more H.P.

·
Retired GM Program Manager/ Chief SSR Engineer
549 Posts
Vin # 1 of the Signature Series is a GM keepsake and will not be sold. Vin #1 of regular production is owned by Wayne Cherry, retired GM Design Staff VP. #2 regular production is owned by Gary Cowger, GM President. #50 is owned by Rick Wagoner, GM Chairman and was given to him by his wife as a 50th birthday present the day before the 2003 Dream Cruise. His vehicle is the only 2003 that is Ultraviolet. This was done because of his Duke Blue Devil heritage.

·
Premium Member
6,310 Posts
Ed, great information on the above post about Rick Wagners #50 SSR. I introduced myself to Mr. Wagner Friday night at Athens Coney Island. I told him my SSR was my mid-life crisis vehicle. Mine too he said! I wondered which one he owned. Now we know the rest of the story.
It was great meeting you there to, Ed. GM sure did us SSR Fanatics up right!

Thank again Ed, Scott0168

1 - 5 of 5 Posts