Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three new two-tone combinations are now available for the Chevrolet SSR, which now has a total of five combinations

Pacific Blue (90U) over Smokin' Asphalt (41L), Pacific Blue (90U) over Ricochet Silver (67L) and Aqua Blur (26U) over Ricochet Silver (67L) are the latest additions. They join Smokin' Asphalt (41U) over Ricochet Silver (67L) and Ricochet Silver (67U) over Smokin' Asphalt (41L) as available two-tone combinations.

In addition, two-tone paint capacity for SSR has been increased to 50% for the October consensus cycle. Production will commence November 21, 2005.

I will post the images as soon as i get them
Chris Warren :thumbs

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2005SSR6Speed said:
The Chevrolet website has the colors already for viewing.
yep, when i go by the plant this weekend i will try to get some pics if they have any pre-production ones there. :)

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,609 Posts
New Computer Photos ~ new two-tones

LESSTANFORDCHEV said:
yep, when i go by the plant this weekend i will try to get some pics if they have any pre-production ones there. :)
I just got off the phone with Bob W. and I asked him if we could have some early two-tone photos for all of us to view. He agreed and just sent me these computer generated photos to view.

BTW: Chris you might just get to see some of those pre-production two-tones because they are being produced as pilots as we speak this week. :thumbs

Attachments

·
Registered
416 Posts
The two-tone combinations I've seen just don't do it for me, with the possible exception of black over silver. I much prefer the mono-color choices. I think black over yellow would be very cool (or hot?), however...

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Thanks for the pics and I have to say... WHAT ARE THEY THINKING?

LoL... Just my opinion and I know it does not count for anything but those cobinations are just plain fugly. A silver over black, or light gold over black, silver over blue something along those lines would be awesome..but those....Not for me and I will say if I was looking for one of these, I don't know if I could bring myself to buying one at $40-$50k..Maybe in the mid $20k range.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Are you kidding?

They are having difficulty already with sales. :confused

I think they would be better off if they did the interior color changes. I have talked to a few owners and they would like colors other than charcoal. We have already seen many owners change out their interior colors to brighten it up.

Grey, tan, red, beige or two tone would make a statement. With the top down in the sun, the charcoal heats up pretty fast. As we all know lighter colors attract less heat. We could leave our tops down when parked and not worry about burning our fannys. :glol Marc, any word about interior color changes? How about a leather transmission shifter. Just some ideas.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
sgt770 said:

I think they would be better off if they did the interior color changes. I have talked to a few owners and they would like colors other than charcoal. We have already seen many owners change out their interior colors to brighten it up.

Grey, tan, red, beige or two tone would make a statement. With the top down in the sun, the charcoal heats up pretty fast. As we all know lighter colors attract less heat. We could leave our tops down when parked and not worry about burning our fannys. :glol Marc, any word about interior color changes? How about a leather transmission shifter. Just some ideas.

:agree

with above post. Cost me $1200.00 to brighten up my interior. Charcoal is way to dull--

bcbear

·
Registered
50 Posts
Color schemes

Hey Guys and Dolls,
I like the 2-tone paint on the SSR's that were debude at the Brickyard 400 NASCAR race. Siver over black and the blue over orange with the special wheels
looked RAD!!!!!
Just might paint my SSR to look like the silver over black model. SSR is a smoking asphalt paint job. hhhhhuuuuuummmmmmm?????? and get the wing and the chin spoiler? hhuuummmm?
Van05360 :thumbs

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Here's a perfect example of "You can't please everyone!"

I personally like both of the aqua and silver combos, and I'm sure some of you don't.

But to say that Chevy "missed the boat" completely on any of these combos is a little harsh, don't you think?

·
Registered
893 Posts
First Two-tone...I have one

It's called Brownish-black over Black.............and several other shades thrown in.......And thats why they call it Asphalt Black :lol You end up with a multi colored SSR.........Some day.....maybe some day......GM will learn about paint.....and the application there of........Are you listening Bob???????

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
The last one

The last one looks like a bruise (Blk & Blu) :glol :glol :glol

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Black/Silver

JAustin said:
The two-tone combinations I've seen just don't do it for me, with the possible exception of black over silver. I much prefer the mono-color choices. I think black over yellow would be very cool (or hot?), however...

:agree I think the only two-tone combination is the black over silver. I think in any other color combination they have destroyed the look. Looking at the pics that Marc posted. It just dosen't make me want to jump and buy one!!

·
Registered
615 Posts
I liked all the two tones, but I agree with below. Black with Red Interior or Black and Red interior. Aqua Blur with Silver or Tan interior. Silver with a Red or Red and Black Interior. I think all would be kick-ass looking.

sgt770 said:

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
WHERE IS PACIFIC BLUE OVER ORANGE????BEST COLOR COMBO SO FAR AND NOT AVAILABLE?????

1 - 20 of 23 Posts